Open all night
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blank Map
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
I tried to duplicate the revised options we discussed yesterday for our next MP. I did find in the options where you can click for a "bare map"- no troops show on the map, only the all seeing eye to indicate where your commander is.

I proceeded to play for 30 minutes or so....this is going to be a lot of fun, particularly if you like confusion :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Blank Map
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4024
LOL, good I will have to hunt that option down since I do most of the hosting of our games.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Blank Map
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:15 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
I set up a sandbox with "bare map" and a corp vs corp (2 corps per side) and limited camera elevation. Played the Gettysburg map. As we have all noted previously, quite a challenge. This was the first time I played an extended scenario (not finished yet). Must admit it was a fascinating exercise to decide how to use overall commander in terms of staying close enough to divisions for command and control, vs scouting. The decisions around how far away to get from the action become more critical. While I was able to team up on one division, I was constantly needing to trot around my rear and flanks scouting for the second reb division with no ability to "sky" view. I look forward to trying this in a bigger muliplayer if we can figure out the "bare" map thing.

Profile E-mail