Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SOW This weekend -Aug 30, 31, Sept 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
I am still good for noon eastern today.

I am also good for tomorrow (Monday) at noon or another time as may be convenient for others.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4274
I am up for noon today. Will lobby up at noon and see who is around before generating a battle so I know what size etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3485
Anyone available at noon today?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Our game Sunday was 2ndAcr and I.

The battle started off with us not separated by that much.

2nd started off near one of our familiar ridges and deployed his 3 div corps. I (Heintzelman) was to the west of him and started moving my troops northwards to the main road and then intended to march southeest towards 2nd. Just as my divisions were reaching the main road, elements of a Reb division (Winslow) were seen towards the south, appearing to be following me. I set both divisions on a southeasterly path. As I was approaching 2nd's area Rebel units started to appear to his southernmost division. Both my divisions were ordered to pass thru his deployment line and wait in reserve. As my lead division started arriving to its designated area, 2nd was receiving increasing pressure on his south. Rebs were attempting to move around his eastern flank. I ordered Kearney's division to move to the easternmost edge of 2nd's line. Kearney's division was arriving on a hilly wooded area. 2nd's inf and Rebs were engaged about 150 yards to the south. Once Kearney's troops were in place I surged them over the hill, and thru the woods. They had orders to push the Rebs back. Kearney's troops were putting pressure on the Reb lines. I ordered one brigade to move around on the east---behind a ridge blocking the Reb's view and for them to then push up the ridge and to come down on the Reb's easternmost flank. This brigade did push down on the Rebs, scattered several arty batteries and managed to capture 3 arty piences. At about the same time, 2nd was requesting help at his southern center area. The Rebs there appeared to have at least 3 divisions (if not more). Hooker's troops had arrived in the reserve areas. I ordered them to march south to plug 2nd's center area.
Just as Hooker's troops were arriving in the center and starting to engage the Rebs, another Reb division was spotted to the east of 2nd's northernmost division (ironically, in the area that Hooker had just vacated).

In the south, Kearney and Hooker were starting to roll back the Rebs. As the Rebs to the north continued to approach, I ordered the 2nd New York (a sharpshooting regiment in Carr's brigade/Hooker's division) to move northwards, deploy next to one of 2nd's parked ammo wagons. They were on a rise looking down at the Reb troops to the north and would be continually resupplied by the ammo wagon that they were next to. Before I knew it, Carr had moved his entire brigade to the north and was supporting 2nd's northern division.

Action in the south continued---I pushed the Rebs back into a valley and they were starting to withdraw up the opposite slope of the valley. Hooker's westernmost division was actually slipping around to the right of the withdrawing Rebs. I moved to this area and spotted multiple brigade of Rebs to the south--they were either fresh troops or Reb units that were attempting to rally/rest. I didn't want to tangle with them (as my troops would be pushing up a tall slop and the Rebs would have the height advantage if they pushed forward. I had to TC my units back down the valley and up my slope. I intended to have them form up into a defensive line and wait for the Rebs to attempt to come up at them. The Rebs did indeed do that---I managed to hold on the slope that I was on.

To the north, 2nd seemed to be beating back the Reb's with Carr's brigade in assistance. At about this time, he got paged from work and we had to end the game early.
Winslow's division was still somewhere to the northwest and never really got involved in the battle.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:06 am 
Sergeant Major

HancockTheSuperb wrote:
Anyone available at noon today?

I am good for noon today----I am not sure on 2ndAcr.

We shall have to wait and see on him but if he cannot make it we can still do a game at noon.

Anthro?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4274
Still waiting to see, most of my guys are out already, so I will prob have to go out and take the load off them some.

Profile E-mail