maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SOW MP this weekend
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12744
Alrighty---Sunday noon eastern then

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

SOW this weekend?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:42 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4024
Working part of tomorrow (Saturday). Have had no power for 2 days due to storm that blew thru, running PC off 150 foot extension cord from mom and dad's across street. Hope to have power up real soon, but no clue for Sunday, will let you know tomorrow night (Sat).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:22 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
I am good for Sunday around noon, can go until 4 est. Sorry to hear about the power 2nd. A tough year for storms everywhere this year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:48 pm 
Sergeant

Yeah it sucks ass...............had to toss a bunch of stuff from freezer this evening as it is defrosting quick even without me opening it up. Still about 120,000 with no power in DFW metro area. Of course they are hitting the big locations, as some areas have 11,000+ out in a small area, so us small ones, only 26 houses affected in my neighborhood will be last on the list as usual.

Mom and dad along with 3 other houses are the sea of light in a area of darkness. They never friggin lose power, yet we get hammered all the time since all the old idiots throw a hissy fit whenever Oncor send out the tree cutters, refuse them access to the yard and such. One day I will burn all those idiots out, or they will die off. One is a old guy, about 85, he is bitching up a storm as he is elderly and has no power, I had to remind him that we lost power for a week last winter due to HIS refusal to let them cut on the primary tree that causes a bunch of our problems. Wished him a happy heat stroke and good riddance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sorry to hear about your power issues.

About 20 years ago when my parents lived in Chicago they had a storm come through that knocked out power for a huge chunk of homes on the north side of Chicago. My parents (and nearly everyone on their side of the street) still had power. Nearly everyone across the street lost their power for over a week. My parents let the neighbor across the street run a long extension cord from their house to my parent's house so their refrigerator and other essentials kept running.

My parents now live in the western suburbs of Chicago and from time to time lose power due to storms. They have a deep basement that has a built in sump pump. The sump pump has a backup battery but that will only power the pump for around 4-5 hours. After that they would be SOL and could start taking water without the sump pump. After they lost power the first time my dad purchased a "whole house" backup generator and had a professional install it. It runs off natural gas and will kick in within seconds after the main power line goes off.

They really need that backup as they would be SOL otherwise. They have a fridge and a freezer full of meat and frozen stuff. They would lose their A/C in the summer, and would lose their heat and hot water in the winter without electricity. (The furnace and hot water heater are natural gas powered but they have electronic pilot lights).

So I am in for Sunday noon eastern.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:34 pm 
Sergeant

I am good for Sunday noonish.........will prob be going to breakfast so as long as I dont hit church traffic will be ready to go. If not, be the 12:10 as usual.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Hancock---2ndAcr found some new maps for us to play on.

Go to this link:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... 2-released

download it into your "Mods" folder in SOW.

We tested out a couple of them--no writing on the maps which sucks but the terrain was varied and good----rolling hills, woods, alot of stone walls, creeks, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:54 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3360
Good to go with random maps. I was not sure if you wanted me to download that terrain link in the following message. I am driving , will be home about 11:30. Let me know on that link, I should be able to get it down before we play.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:57 am 
Sergeant Major

HancockTheSuperb wrote:
Good to go with random maps. I was not sure if you wanted me to download that terrain link in the following message. I am driving , will be home about 11:30. Let me know on that link, I should be able to get it down before we play.

I donwloaded the terrain thing but not until after we ran our test game---so I don't think it's necessary--consider it optional.

Just make sure that you have enabled Randommap2 thing in the MODS section on SOW. I crashed out testing it without it being enabled.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next