Open all night
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCM SOW-MP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:10 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3485
I downloaded the teamspeak app today and am registered on the site. Sometime this weekend or next week I'll jump into a battle and let you guys know how that works. Chi, you'll be interested to know that on the forums they were tearing some guy apart about his over the top yelling at some other guy who didn't follow his orders (and who apparently know what was waiting for him on the other side of the woods if he did..). His excuse was he gets angry when he drinks. The guy he was jumping on was one of the senior members of the site..who promptly put him on probation for several weeks. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: GCM SOW-MP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15384
HancockTheSuperb wrote:
I downloaded the teamspeak app today and am registered on the site. Sometime this weekend or next week I'll jump into a battle and let you guys know how that works. Chi, you'll be interested to know that on the forums they were tearing some guy apart about his over the top yelling at some other guy who didn't follow his orders (and who apparently know what was waiting for him on the other side of the woods if he did..). His excuse was he gets angry when he drinks. The guy he was jumping on was one of the senior members of the site..who promptly put him on probation for several weeks. :lol:

I've read of similar incidents on the forums.

I have teamspeak downloaded, and am also registered at GCM---but I have never used either.
I don't have a pair of headphones though.

I'm not opposed to using Teamspeak----I do think that the courier system seems a bit more "period realistic" than Teamspeak does. Written orders/comms are often open to interpretation--something which was not unheard of in warfare of the period.
I would not be a fan though of playing on Teamspeak and being yelled at by some a - - hole such as the one described above.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: GCM SOW-MP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3485
They actually use team speak the way we use the IM function, at least that is what most of them do. They use the courier system to communicate orders. And you don't need to use mics, they allow use of text chat on the teamspeak app. I chatted with them today, as I don't have the mic yet, they confirmed chat is fine, just that it is a bit easier to mic during coordination and setup. The guys on line are players, said they are cracking down big time on ---holes. I'll do a test run and let you know how that works. In any case, don't want to discontinue our MP's. I like our approach and really enjoy those sessions.

Profile E-mail