maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OOB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13998
2ndAcr mentioned the possibility of creating a new Union OOB for us to game with.

I think 2 infantry divisions per corps commander is ideal, 3 or more divisions per corps commander becomes a real bear to control. I think I'd also be fine with 3 divisions if you had 2 inf divisions (with artillery batteries) and a 3rd division of just artillery.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: OOB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4024
Okay, I will try to find the time to create a Union and a Rebel OOB with a Corps each. My current plan/idea is for following:

Union will have 3 Div in each Corps for a total of 9 divisions. Depending on how Hancock feels, mine will be 3 full infantry divisions, I can make yours (Chi) a 2 infantry and 1 artillery with each inf having 2 batteries.

Rebel will be 3 Corps each will have 2 full strength Rebel Divisions for a total of 6 divisions. I can handle 3 Reb divisions, but not sure the enemy can handle us with any more than 6 divisions of troops.

I toyed with a grabbing a new PC, but don't want to leave my Vista 64. Especially since she runs anything I throw at her without issues. LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: OOB
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3485
I am good with 2 Corps of 2-4 divisions with artillery preferably attached, but a separate artillery unit is good as well. I have been sandboxing to practice, latest was the ultimate test in the Wilderness in the Chancellorsville East map. The OOB was Malvern Hill: Lee with Corp commanders Jackson and Magruder, 4 & 5 divisions respectively. Excellent challenge to overall command and control.

That said, need to consider at what point the number of troops for both sides begins to affect game performance. Also, would like to know how OOB/s are programmed in a mod. Got a few ideas on that.

Profile E-mail