Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dec 1, 2013 Battle AAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:13 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6363
Co-op game versus the AI

Players.............2ndAcr, Chi, Ripper, Cassady (Harry)

This was a brutal game, almost a massacre. Game started with my Corps with Ripper to the west and Chi's Corps with Cassady further west. Within 10 min of game start, Chi and Harry slammed right into the rebs, which were located in force. I sent Ripper Div to a ridge line to form a bastion, I then took my div further south to try and flank the rebs engaging Chi and Harry. I had no sooner started deploying on the south side than a Reb div slammed into me from the south map edge road. I did a mass re-deployment of my div to face this threat. I had good ground so thought I had a prayer.......except the AI had other plans.

Almost right away, the Rebs hit my left brigade with at least 2 full brigades in a mass attack, it was hand to hand, my guys broke the 1st wave, but the 2nd made some head way and forced to of the 4 regiments on the left to fall back. The 3rd wave forced the next 2 regiments to fall back. It was then that I smelled defeat coming if I tried to stay as the Rebs on my left now would have higher ground than the rest of my div. I began a mass retreat to Ripper's hilltop across the valley. I managed to yank my guys back with low losses in a head long retreat. We deployed on Rippers hill facing south, the Rebs came down and across the valley after us........at the same time, Rebs that had been beating on Chi and Harry started hitting Ripper lines. We managed to beat off these attacks, I was able to rest my guys and get their morale back up. It was only after this that I could take stock of what was going on across the battlefield. I could see Chi and Harry heavily reduced in numbers and being pushed further and further away from us, so ordered my freshly reloaded and rested strongest brigade to head up our ridge and try to help open a path for Chi and Harry.

At the same time my guys were arriving and engaging the enemy, Chi had been heading in our direction, so between us, we opened a hole for the remains of Chi's div to slip thru and rest while I held the door open. Harry had been steadily pushed further and further from us. At around the 4 hour mark, we called the game as Chi div was chewed up, Harry's was basically destroyed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dec 1, 2013 Battle AAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Yeah, I already summarized my destruction in another thread; and you had to bring his up again.

I'm going to suffer virtual PTSD from having to now relive this horror again...

If you have a YouTube replay of this just post it, push me to the brink and end my misery.

:x

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dec 1, 2013 Battle AAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:28 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6363
I been looking and think I know how to make a replay of our battles................LOL

Profile E-mail