maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rule violations
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7113
We have had a run of rule violations. These will not be tolerated. If you are unsure, read the rules of the alliance and if still in doubt, contact Mitch or Sein Air.

Will not mention any names, but we had our first blue on blue that resulted in a member being put out of business. THIS WILL NO LONGER HAPPEN!!! Every member has a great big MB logo next to their airline on routes. Pay attention to that.

If this happens again, by anyone, that member will be booted from the alliance and we will hunt them down in every game world we are in and destroy them without mercy. And will hunt them at every opportunity we get in every world. From now to doomsday. This will not be tolerated nor condoned. I can handle the accidental route clobber, but a compete take over of almost all of a members routes is beyond my tolerance.

Needless to say, but I am pissed.

And for anyone wondering blue on blue is a military term that means friendly shooting at friendlies with casualties.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rule violations
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 am 
private

Reputation points: 0
Hi, I'm Chris (Nepal Airlines 02 and Royal Jordanian R0). I've had no problems with any other MB Alliance members but Oh Boy, in other games with other Alliances it just seems like anyone can kick the s*** out of anyone else, regardless of being in the same alliance. Extremely frustrating.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
chrism55th wrote:
Hi, I'm Chris (Nepal Airlines 02 and Royal Jordanian R0). I've had no problems with any other MB Alliance members but Oh Boy, in other games with other Alliances it just seems like anyone can kick the s*** out of anyone else, regardless of being in the same alliance. Extremely frustrating.

Hi Chris,

I'm John, (Siebenburgen Air in most worlds and 7B in some).

That is exactly what we have attempted to emphasize in the MB Global Alliance in an effort to make it different and unique from the other alliances in this game.

We will respect our fellow alliance members (specifically the routes they fly).
We will mutually defend each other against uncalled for attacks by non-alliance members; and we promote a sense of cooperation not only to promote the alliance as a whole, but the other individual alliance members as well.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Even in electronic bidness a few ppl get together an conspire against the public to keep prices up :D

Welcome, Chris.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
private

So many times I open a new route first and leave enough room for another airline. Then another airline comes along, overfills the route and drops the prices. Stupid really. If they matched the number of flights, everyone would get a decent slice of the cake. I've done OK on my own defending routes in most games but sometimes I feel like throwing the computer out the window.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 am 
Sergeant Major

chrism55th wrote:
So many times I open a new route first and leave enough room for another airline. Then another airline comes along, overfills the route and drops the prices. Stupid really. If they matched the number of flights, everyone would get a decent slice of the cake. I've done OK on my own defending routes in most games but sometimes I feel like throwing the computer out the window.

LOL.

I hear what you're saying.

There is no sense in overfilling routes, as long as there are still empty routes to be found on the board. An empty route, at full market fares, is going to be more profitable, than overfilling a route, and then having to cut your fares to fill your seats.

I have seen so many airlines, drop flights onto the top 5-10 largest destinations from an airport, but then ignore anything further down the line.

When I have idle aircraft that I need to route, I use the "Browse airport" feature, and then go down the line far enough until I find empty routes. They are there. The top slice ($500,000 to $200,000 gate leases) of routes out of an airport may be hopelessly overloaded. I may drop down to check airports with gate leases of $50,000 or less and find 10 consecutive empty routes that I can route those planes on and collect full market fares.

Also to your point, as I run down those destinations, you inevitably find partially filled routes that still have unserved passenger demand. I will go ahead and add flights until supply equals demand, then move onto the next route.

Those people that limit themselves to just the top, most congested destinations, with the most expensive gate prices, inevitably are operating on the thinnest of profit margins, and are therefore the most vulnerable to getting squeezed on routes. Squeeze them on enough routes and they are put into a tailspin that they may not recover from. I like to establish a lot of solo routes between the smaller airports and lower priced gate destinations. This will provide a steady income flow, and a income base from which it is easier to survive being attacked by someone that comes in and jumps your larger, high passenger count routes.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm 
private

Reputation points: 88
chrism55th wrote:

Hi Yes thats boring indeed. and its no problem to let a plane fly on different routes and all can as you say get a piece of the cake. Its alot of routes who will be opened when 747 are arriving whit longer distance I will try to be on some of tose routes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm 
private

Reputation points: 62
Hi I'm Jacob (MP40 and Lufthansa)
I don't believe in the cake normally. The only time I do is when it involves alliance members.
I still do believe in flooding routes with no one on it from my main airport. Look in O2 at Oakland. I believe it is better to have connecting passengers then nothing, but when I am fly high demand routes with tons of people I just keep it normal. I get tons of my pax fro connecting pax. Just go for Connections when no one else is on thew route.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 am 
private

When I first start out I spread my planes thin and then charge like 5 times normal ticket price but only thing sucks if you wait to long to cap them out before someone else comes in and destroys it.
I have to say my airline (Turbine Power) out of Hong Kong is really rocking. No other airlines based there so I get everything except from an outside county that flies into HK.

The Singapore airline (Flewbyu) is going to get screwed as there a bunch of new starts up that I am trying to kill off before they can get a footing but its very competitive market at the moment.

Profile E-mail