maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brain tumour
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:09 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8777
Seems you are being pretty frank about the situation. So here is a question for you... are the tumors operable?

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
PS. What is her name?

Lucia.

Lucia is a beautiful name, the one who brings light and food.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
Lava wrote:
Seems you are being pretty frank about the situation. So here is a question for you... are the tumors operable?

No idea yet... hope it is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:08 am 
Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
Lava wrote:

No idea yet... hope it is.

With luck they will make that decision soon. Bet they try to kill you with chemo... hope you are in good physical shape.

My mother survived a particular deadly form of bladder cancer despite the best efforts of her doctor to use all kinds of procedures with 90% success rates. None worked and with the specter of the thing metastasizing staring them in the face they finally removed the entire bladder and then proceeded with a very aggressive radiation and chemo treatments. A couple years later they had to open her up and remove large portions of her intestines which they had fried with the radiation. She' alive and kicking though.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:42 am 
Sergeant Major

... yeah. Unfortunately bladders are important but brains are even more so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Back in the 1970's my grandfather had Esophageal cancer.
He underwent surgery--they removed part of his esophagus, 'lifted" his stomach, and replaced the removed portion of the esophagus with a portion of his intestine.
He underwent chemo, the cancer disappeared, but the chemo took a terrible toll on him (he had lost alot of weight, his hair, and his taste buds/appetite had been all but ruined).
About 6 months to a year later he went in for a follow up checkup.
The cancer had returned and had spread to his lymph nodes---not a good thing.
Doctors recommended that he undergo chemo again.
My grandfather refused to undergo chemo again. He didn't want to suffer through the chemo again. (My grandfather could be a very stubborn man when he wanted to).

(now this is where it gets strange)
Grandfather had read about some alternate medicine treatment in some German herbal/natural cure magazine.
I don't recall the exact 'remedy' but it was something like orally ingesting a set dosage of distilled petroleum--I think kerosene)
I found a couple web articles regarding this:
https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/ques ... ure-cancer
https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/d ... for-cancer

My grandfather got the distilled petroleum through the mail from somewhere in Germany, and took the "dosage".
Some months later he went back to his doctor for a follow up visit, they ran some tests---the cancer that had come back so aggressively had disappeared.

NOW, I AM IN NO WAY ADVOCATING THIS AS A TREATMENT/CURE, etc.

What some in our family think happened was that my grandfather was confident that this 'remedy' would work....in his mind it was a 'cure', and his mind 'willed' the cancer away.
The doctors had no explanation for why the cancer receded.

So what exactly 'cured him?
Was it the distilled petroleum?
Was it the power of his mind?
Was it divine intervention?

Damned if I know.

My grandfather lived another 8 years or so (not of it all pleasant--towards the end his bodily functions started to give up on him and his memory also started to go).

The purpose of my post here is to point out that the mind is a powerful thing.
Try to have a positive outlook.
Stick to your treatment (whatever form that might be).

Can the mind "cure" an illness like cancer?
Who knows?

But there have been plenty of people who 'gave up', who had a negative mindset on their situation, and their situation quickly deteriorated.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:13 pm 
Sergeant

Agreed.

My mother is a stubborn old witch who refused to die. She fought like hell and in the end... survived.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Fortunately its 2018 and not the 70s... while there hasn't been a Cure for Cancer or anything, progress has been made. The days of oncologists not opting for their own treatment are over...

But they are still discussing my case, I don't even have a treatment plan yet. If they can actually do anything drastic they are going to do it ASAFP... and that might make a big difference. So there's no point really agonising over it I think... just not enough information.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
Fortunately its 2018 and not the 70s... while there hasn't been a Cure for Cancer or anything, progress has been made. The days of oncologists not opting for their own treatment are over...

As a point of clarification, my grandfather’s doctors HAD recommended that my grandfather undergo chemo. My grandfather chose not to. My mother and her brother (his two children) also wanted him to undergo chemo. My grandmother supported her husband’s desire not to undergo chemo. As my grandfather was an adult, and was still of sound mind at the time, his doctors could not force “their” treatment on him.

I’m not sure if things in the UK are different.
Can an adult of sound mind (not deemed mentally incompetent) in the UK refuse treatment in a situation such as I have described of my grandfather?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Oh yes, you don’t have to accept anything.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next