maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brain tumour
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:39 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6363
Sorry tp hear the news EU, keep on posting as long as you can. Thoughts and prayers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:40 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 8023
EUBanana wrote:
Well. I suppose a blow by blow account of what’s going on with my health wasn’t what I was going for. Just a warning.

So I’ll cut it out.

Don't cut it out, EU. Dont hesitate to post or ask for advice or help. Godspeed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5295
Ah, crap! Very sorry to hear this EuB. :(

Don't really know what to write... Fuck cancer. Always look on the Bright Side of Life...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
EUBanana wrote:
Of course you all my friends.

Even Nero. :lol:

So I am redeemed. 8-)

As I indicated earlier, I never ever felt, that we would be enemies. Even if disagreeing on many things. But I am certain that there are way more fundamental things we agree.

One thing where you are clearly smarter than I ever was, you have Slovak woman. My Czech friend, Libor has Slovak wife. He says they are the best. ;)

Be happy all the ways you can.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15925
Well, I'm out the hospital now. Now follows a titanic meeting of neurologists and urologists ( yeah, confusing, brains and kidneys :) ). They don't seem to be giving up on me just yet anyway as they are keen to try and operate. No NHS death panel here. The doctors barely visible to me, the humble patient, because they all talk about what's wanted and relay that on to the nurses.

In fact I can't fault them. I'm delivering a box of chocs as a gift to Sue the American staff nurse and Fabio the Italian medical assistant - very multicultural... for what it's worth NHS hospitals are of varying grade and you can ones with a bad reputation and ones with good reputation, the main difference between this and a more private system is that here you take what you are given. Fortunately though it so happens to be a well regarded hospital. (It actually dates from WW2 and a US army hospital, so it's very big for its' catchment area. As it's catchment area once upon a time was 2nd ID and 1st BRO :)).

Not really going to bother going more into it. A lot of hopium being smoked IMHO. If this, if that, if we are lucky. At least they are trying but I'm capable of doing my own research on my odds. And they are bad, very bad indeed. We're talking like 15% of making it 5 years. I don't like living what is on balance likely to be a lie - hence the atheism I suppose. I'm avidly against self delusion, sorry religious folks but I guess that's what it comes down to to me. It's also why I have quite an absolutist view of politics in general I suppose. That said I'm not giving up or anything. I just want a clear eye.

And to survive to Brexit Day. 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 18898
I get where you are coming from EU, but as long as you are still up and kicking there is always hope. Look at what happened to Dr Feelgood's Wilko Johnson for example...

Quote:
Johnson was forced to cancel a show in November 2012 when he was rushed to hospital with an undisclosed ailment.[34] He was diagnosed in January 2013 with late stage pancreatic cancer, and elected not to receive any chemotherapy.[35][36][37]

On 25 January 2013, he gave an interview to John Wilson on the BBC Radio 4 arts programme Front Row. He discussed his cancer, and said doctors had told him he had nine or ten months to live. He talked about his "farewell tour" of the UK set for March, and how his diagnosis had made him feel "vividly alive".[38] After the tour was over, he announced he would spend his final days recording a farewell album with the Who's lead singer Roger Daltrey.[39] The album, Going Back Home, was released in March 2014. "I thought that was going to be the last thing I ever did," he later told BBC News entertainment correspondent Colin Paterson in October 2014.[40]

However, Johnson did not have the more common adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. It was later discovered that he had a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor (PNET), a less virulent and more treatable form of the disease.[41] Johnson underwent radical surgery to treat his illness, and the doctors were hopeful that his prognosis would be good.[42] At the Q Awards on 22 October 2014, Johnson accepted the "Icon Award" and announced that he was "cancer-free" having undergone "removal of his pancreas, spleen, part of his stomach, small and large intestines and the removal and reconstruction of blood vessels relating to the liver". Johnson said: "It was an 11-hour operation… This tumour weighed 3kg - that's the size of a baby! Anyway, they got it all. They cured me. It's so weird and so strange that it's kind of hard to come to terms with it in my mind. Now, I'm spending my time gradually coming to terms with the idea that my death is not imminent, that I am going to live on". He added that he was still recovering from the operation and when asked what he would do next replied: "I don't know really".[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilko_Johnson

I don't get the impression you are a bloke who gives up easy and I know you will fight this and as has been stated before in this thread, we are all here for you. Anyway, you can't go and leave me as the only Brit on this board. You selfish bastard. ;)

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
One thing where you are clearly smarter than I ever was, you have Slovak woman. My Czech friend, Libor has Slovak wife. He says they are the best. ;)

Yeah. Unfortunately she's been going on and on about suicide. She's a bit emotionally needy. But she has attempted suicide before, before she met me.

So it is a worry. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5385
That is the biggest fear isn't it ? What your suffering will do to others is a horror that you need to address. Often times I suspect that a belief in the afterlife was created more for them than for the dying.

You should consider it.... I don't think it's anything like our weak attempts to imagine it... but there is something at work in the universe that is beyond our understanding... making that what you'd like it to be is not such a betrayal of logic.... and a tremendous comfort for all if you can find it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Yeah. Unfortunately she's been going on and on about suicide. She's a bit emotionally needy. But she has attempted suicide before, before she met me.

So it is a worry. :(

Yes, thing are more complicated than simple solutions.

But give her a child, a love child.

And arrange things accordingly.

PS. What is her name?

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
PS. What is her name?

Lucia.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next