maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brain tumour
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Triage by telephone.
:shock:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18925
Well the dispatcher asks questions, maybe stays on the line.

Think it’s the same everywhere pretty much. That’s what dispatchers do, no?

If they end up thinking I got a dislocated knee while someone else is having a heart attack sucks to be me.

Actually even if they had a wholly accurate picture of things if someone else was having a heart attack it would still suck to be me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:13 am 
Sergeant Major

The paramedic thing that was the worst was actually the fact that it was two tiny girls and a rather slender guy. And while they were badasses given their pint sizes they had a hell of a time moving my giant ass into their chair. In fact after sucking down gas for 30 minutes to take the edge off in large part I had to get on the chair myself with my leg flopping around like a body horror movie.

That was damn unpleasant too. I guess unavoidable tho. Probably not many paramedic strong men but that’s kinda what I needed.

Also I just got to pretend to be a yank! Spoke to an insurance company about health as opposed to a car. Private physio therapy booked in and paid for.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
EUBanana wrote:
Uh yeah well, maybe my absence was noted...
Lucky me eh. But I'm told there's various things that they can do, and that I won't be completely stuck for that much longer. I mean they got outpatient appointments lining up for me and atm I couldn't make it to the hospital to attend them. :D :D :D

Pray harder, Andy!

I have noticed your absence and unfortunately just for the reason that I expected. :(

But then you seem to have your sense of humour left, perhaps more stoic than ever.

Take care.

PS. I would promise a no-deal-brexit for you, if only I could. Parempi kertainen rutina kuin ainainen kitinä -- Finnish proverb. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:25 am 
Sergeant Major

TBH at this point Nero I’d be almost happier seeing Theresa May tarred and feathered after a particularly humiliating resignation.

And unlike a proper Brexit I think that I will last long enough to actually manage to experience that one. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:49 am 
Sergeant Major

Just popped into the hospital because my surgical wound was a bit red, don't want it to get infected.

Even though it was A&E the service was absolutely superlative. Triaged within minutes. Place was empty on a Saturday morning so everything went quickly. Blood test taken right after. Saw the nurse practioner who cleaned the wounds and stuff, took out the staples as a plus. New dressings. By sheer fluke an orthopaedic consultant was about - by another sheer fluke he was on the team that put the nail in my leg when the femur broke, and he moved forward my orthopaedic outpatient appointment from a month away to like, a week or two away tops. I was reassured I had done the right thing given I'm immunosuppressed which helped my British neuroticism, given new dressings and stuff, and sent on my way.

It was almost the perfect hospital trip! whole thing took about two hours and that included waiting for blood test results which was sort of optional as they were going to phone back, but glad I just waited as it turns out white blood counts were a bit high so they gave me antibiotics just in case. and A&E too, its usually a human zoo in there.

I'm pretty sure my experience is exceptional given the Big C card I got but even so. Wowzers. I get the impression that with the NHS triage is a major deal, if you have something deadly serious you'll be treated exceptionally well, but if its a bit less serious (still could be bad, I have some sob stories of my gallbladder removal waiting times...) you might be a bit SOL.

Also the local hospital is excellent, everybody says so. Even those in different hospitals. So, bit of luck there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18687
Stay strong EuB!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4683
Glad to hear they are taking reasonably good care of you EuB!

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important." - Bertrand Russell

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 807
Gary Childress wrote:
Glad to hear they are taking reasonably good care of you EuB!

Certainly he would get better and more affordable care in the US. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Well, unless he lived in inner city Detroit, or maybe out in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, he would not have waited 2 hours for paramedics to respond to his call.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next