maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Brain tumour
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
Well, this is not a drill. Was diagnosed today. I didn’t want to be one of the ones who vanishes mysteriously. So there we go, it won’t be so mysterious now.

I’ll give my wife my password to this place if the worst comes to the worst.

NHS was stellar so far, phoned up GP in the morning, got a referral to the hospital, CT scan by the evening and a diagnosis. MRI scan tomorrow.

Might beat you to it, Andy. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Brain tumour
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Holy crap, man! Might be a benign tumor. Seems like they will need a tissue diagnosis somehow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 am 
Sergeant Major

Sorry to hear about this.

I hope that all goes well for you.

Despite some of my prior negative posting @ NHS, I hope that they are able to disprove my perceptions of them ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10460
I'll keep you in my prayers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
EU, do they do the MRI to verify the diagnosis or to see it more closely? Reckon if it's operable? Fuck man. Plz I hope this isn't a death sentence. Quick google shows some brain tumors can be removed. Best hopes man.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Attachment:
Cruz protesters.jpg
Cruz protesters.jpg [ 84.76 KiB | Viewed 422 times ]

"You are not safe. We will find you".

That sounds threatening.

Are the police/Secret Service/Congressional security/police looking into who is making these threats?

And why isn't Twitter banning the person/organization making these threats?
I thought this sort of thing was against their Terms of Service.

-----------

Quote:
The tweet is clearly a violation of Twitter’s rules on targeted harassment, which state, “You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so.”

https://www.infowars.com/leftist-group- ... -find-you/

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:29 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10157
I hope it is a benign tumor too. Take of yourself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Attachment:
Cruz protesters.jpg

"You are not safe. We will find you".

That sounds threatening.

Are the police/Secret Service/Congressional security/police looking into who is making these threats?

And why isn't Twitter banning the person/organization making these threats?
I thought this sort of thing was against their Terms of Service.

-----------

Quote:
The tweet is clearly a violation of Twitter’s rules on targeted harassment, which state, “You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so.”

https://www.infowars.com/leftist-group- ... -find-you/

Whoops---that post was NOT intended for this thread.

My apologies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
My heart goes out to you EUBanana. A brain tumor is one of the most terrifying things that can happen in life; I know from first hand experience. I was diagnosed with one in 2002. As you can see, I'm still here! So . . . while any brain tumor is a serious thing, a lot of them are not "so serious," and can be dealt with. If I can offer any help at all, PM me and we can exchange other contact information.

The only blanket bit of advice I'd offer to someone facing a serious life threatening diagnosis like this is: seek out, and INSIST on getting the ABSOLUTE BEST CARE YOU CAN POSSIBLE ACQUIRE. Even if it means traveling to another country, even if it means going bankrupt or otherwise creating a lot disturbance in your life. It is not widely appreciated how vast the difference is between a "typical" or "good enough" hospital and a truly remarkable or EXCEPTIONAL hospital/medical outfit.

In my case, the first group I went to was Emory University, my alma mater, and at that time had a good reputation. To make it brief, I was shocked and dismayed at the level of incompetence, negligence, and insensitivity. I was scheduled for an intrusive biopsy with them, and feeling harangued and stressed, but a friend of my wife managed to give us a heads up about MD Anderson hospital in Houston, TX, which is probably one of the top three cancer hospitals in the world, particularly for brain cancer.

We managed to get in, sent the information, got assigned a great doc, had initial contact with him and immediately the difference was apparent. It was like we were dealing with actual professional healers who were both expert at medicine and patient care. To keep it brief: I cannot say enough good things about MD Anderson. When I stop and consider how different my experience was with Emory up to the point where I switched and infer how different my overall experience would have been had I not switched to MD Anderson, it is chilling to consider. I even wonder if they wouldn't have totally botched the whole thing and I wouldn't even have survived. Turns out that intrusive biopsy they wanted to do was utterly ridiculous and unnecessary given what the scans and other diagnostics had already revealed about my condition. My docs at MD Anderson gave that wide-eyed "Oh Shit, they were gonna do THAT" look when I told them Emory was all set to do a biopsy instead of just going for the resection surgery, which is what MD Anderson did.

The last thing anyone wants to do when they are facing this type of thing is to try to trouble shoot the quality of their health care providers, but the hard reality is: you MUST. If you do not, it might make an enormous difference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:43 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

So sorry to hear this mate, you are in my thoughts and I wish you all the best fighting this.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next