maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post subject: Warmer than hell
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675

29C today. :( :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Warmer than hell
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14970
Global wr . . . ah never mind! Climate Variadicity!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
29C=84.2F.

That is a somewhat warm winter day in Florida

The LOW temperatures in my part of Florida rarely drop below 70F during the months of summer hell that is here.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
29C=84.2F.

The LOW temperatures in my part of Florida rarely drop below 70F during the months of summer hell that is here.

I imagine you got air con everywhere though, or you'd all be dead. It'll be this hot here for a couple of weeks total in a year and that's it, and that's a fairly unusual heatwave, so nobody really bothers with air con here. It's just a couple of weeks of misery every so often. But as those weeks are right now I'm feeling kinda miserable...

Also, 'summer hell', quite. I think the cold is a hell of a lot more bearable than the heat, you can always put a coat on if it's cold, but if it's too hot there's nothing you can do. Florida would kill me off, air con or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
29C=84.2F.

I imagine you got air con everywhere though, or you'd all be dead. It'll be this hot here for a couple of weeks total in a year and that's it, and that's a fairly unusual heatwave, so nobody really bothers with air con here. It's just a couple of weeks of misery every so often. But as those weeks are right now I'm feeling kinda miserable...

Also, 'summer hell', quite. I think the cold is a hell of a lot more bearable than the heat, you can always put a coat on if it's cold, but if it's too hot there's nothing you can do. Florida would kill me off, air con or not.

I would agree about the cold being more bearable than the heat.

When I lived in Chicago I remember a night where the temps dropped to minus 28F (I think that is minus 33 C), and I went out barhopping with my friends.
Now what I didn't plan on was my car getting a flat tire on the way home that night.
Still, I survived.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9407
29°C is low here in summer. The normal temperature is 34°C. And it is the heatwave when it is 38 or 40°C. We don't have as much AC as the Americans, but our house are built with thick walls, so we don't feel the heatwave.

That's why I prefer the South of Europe than the North: the sun. In the US, I would prefer Florida to Chicago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

LaPalice wrote:
29°C is low here in summer. The normal temperature is 34°C. And it is the heatwave when it is 38 or 40°C. We don't have as much AC as the Americans, but our house are built with thick walls, so we don't feel the heatwave.

That's why I prefer the South of Europe than the North: the sun. In the US, I would prefer Florida to Chicago.

Gods no. I'm off to Sweden in August for a reason. ;)

(I'm off to Venice in November apparently. Maybe in November it won't be so bad.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
An inside portable A/C is $279. It has a conduit that exhausts out the window and evaporates the water out the window. Take a couple minutes to set up and put away for winter. Even if its a few weeks a year, worth it so you can always have a cool room to be cool in.

I have one. Obviously in FL our A/Cs are on almost every day. In the winter months I only cool my bedroom, a lot cheaper energy than central A/C. In summer it has to be the central or the house will be 120º

Anyway if I was sweating my balls off in England I'd get one.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Quote:
I'm off to Sweden in August for a reason

I hear the girls there are beautiful this time of year

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

I got a giant Italian fan, I think it was about half the price of that thing. It's pretty good if it's about 25, but not much use for any hotter.

Maybe next year I'll buy the Real Deal.

Already had to buy two dehumidifiers as its so wet, keeps the mould down. ;)

Profile E-mail