maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post subject: The Mogg and being a Catholic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11823

He handled that ambush pretty well!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Mogg and being a Catholic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16098
EUBanana wrote:

He handled that ambush pretty well!

He refused to let them frame the argument and put words in his mouth.

Good on him.

This is the first time that I have ever heard of this chap. :)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16556
The female interviewer can barely hide her disdain.....no...she is completely unable to hide her disdain. I don't think he has a chance of getting her in the sack.

The candidate needs to loosen his collar a bit. He sounds like a stuffy classic languages professor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
The candidate needs to loosen his collar a bit. He sounds like a stuffy classic languages professor.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a living caricature. :lol:

His nickname in Parliament is 'The Member of Parliament for the 18th century'. Eton educated, as posh as it gets. He's also quite unapologetic about it all and doesn't try to pretend to be something he isn't, which a lot of people find endearing, despite the fact isn't exactly a Man of the People. This interview being a good example of that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUxQkfIFTFY/?hl=en

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16098
EUBanana wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a living caricature. :lol:

His nickname in Parliament is 'The Member of Parliament for the 18th century'. Eton educated, as posh as it gets. He's also quite unapologetic about it all and doesn't try to pretend to be something he isn't, which a lot of people find endearing, despite the fact isn't exactly a Man of the People. This interview being a good example of that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUxQkfIFTFY/?hl=en

The man apparently does have a sense of humor---that instagram photo is an example of that.

"jacob_rees_moggWe shall have to take our business elsewhere".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As if he or his son were going to get a tattoo or a piercing. :lol: :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
sumably that’s why producers of Have I Got News For You invite him (repeatedly) on to the show. Appearing on the satirical quiz raised Boris Johnson’s profile from bumbling Savile Row savant to the stratospheric realms of the London mayorship. Might not the same apply to Rees-Mogg, a chap so darned posh he makes Johnson look like an arriviste oik?
“Oh no,” demurs Rees-Mogg, who was a successful investment banker before entering Parliament. “Boris is much, much cleverer than me; he’s a proper Classics scholar.”
It’s a remark that speaks volumes about the bizarre pecking order of the public schoolboys who rule us; a grounding in Catullus and Juvenal easily trumps entrepreneurship and a knowledge of emerging markets.
Anyway, at first The Mogg declined to appear, but was won over by a combination of blandishments that he took with a pinch of salt and a clutch of creme eggs. Yes, Rees-Mogg may be described by colleagues as a man with a brain so big it visibly throbs, but at heart he’s still Jennings. “When I was sent a dozen creme eggs, I felt the producers were themselves probably good eggs, and it sounded fun, so I had a go.”
In person, Rees-Mogg is immensely likeable, keen-witted beneath the noblesse oblige, and has a game sense of humour. Lined up with Have I Got News’s jobbing comedians in floral shirts, he was expected to cut a fusty, Mr Casaubon figure. But viewers loved him, and he acquitted himself with great dignity. Oddly, because he doesn’t pretend to be anything other than a member of the privileged classes, Rees-Mogg comes across as a good deal more sincere than many of his “man of the people” peers.
“Tony Blair adopted the accent of the audience he was speaking to, which worked very well initially, but then voters began to perceive him as phoney,” he says. “The 'man of the people’ act is the height of condescension.”
Rees-Mogg joined the Tory party in short trousers, and by the age of 12 was penning letters to The Financial Times; he, along with William Hague, was reportedly the inspiration for Harry Enfield’s character “Tory Boy”.
He attended Eton, studied history at Trinity College, Oxford, became president of the University Conservative Association and entered the City. In 1997 he was selected to contest Central Fife, a gritty former mining region and the last place in the UK to elect a Communist MP. As he went from door to door, it emerged that the elderly lady accompanying him was his nanny. But rumours that he took the Bentley are nothing short of scurrilous.
“Of course I took nanny!” he cries. “She’s one of the family – and I needed all the support I could get. But I didn’t drive the Bentley – I couldn’t have afforded the petrol – so it was the Merc.”
Unlike Nigel Farage, recently mobbed at an Edinburgh watering hole and, to coin the unofficial Scottish anthem, sent homeward/Tae think again, Rees-Mogg claims he was met with unfailing politeness. “First, when they opened the door and found me standing there, people laughed. But when they had finished laughing, they talked to me,” he says. “I spent weeks listening to their issues and concerns and that’s something politicians need to do a lot more.”
He gained nine per cent of the vote, which, having been to Central Fife many times, I can vouch amounts to an electoral coup for a Tory. It took another unsuccessful attempt before he clinched the newly created North East Somerset seat in 2010, getting in on a local boy ticket, having been born in the county, like his father before him.

Good chap. And staunch Brexiteer, so of late he's been in the news a bit more than usual. He came #1 in a poll of Conservative Party members to replace Theresa May as prime minister; highly unlikely as he's a backbench MP who has never been a minister, plus the party high command would assume he was an electoral liability. Hence the would-be hatchet job above.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

You can see Piers Moron being as much of a twat again on British TV as he was recently on US TV btw.

Can you take that tit back? Alex Jones can rant at him again, it'll be quite funny at least.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16556
I don't remember anyone here accepting Piers Morgan in the first place. :lol:

By ra way, "Piers" might just be the most effete name on the planet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
I thought you guys burnt all the Catholics in England? Weird.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail