maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post subject: Independence Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10757
Has it been a whole year already?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Independence Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 am 
Sergeant Major

A shockingly biased article on the subject. No comments, presumably because the article would be torn to shreds if there were.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... xit-rights

May has offered EU citizens permanent residence. The sticking point is that she won't agree to the ECJ have jurisdiction over those rights. And... of course. No sovereign country allows foreign courts jurisdiction over its affairs, it can hardly be said to be a sovereign country then.

The Telegraph has a somewhat more apt leader on the subject, "EU leaders warn Theresa May's plan to let 3m EU citizens stay in UK with same rights as Britons is 'not enough'".

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:46 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540
Congrats!!! Hope more progress is made towards the "realization" in the coming year than has been made in the past year!
:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Congrats!!! Hope more progress is made towards the "realization" in the coming year than has been made in the past year!
:)

Yeah. Me too... :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:53 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540
Quote:
... EU leaders have officially launched the competition between member states to decide which will host two London-based EU agencies, responsible for medicines and banking.
The relocation must take place by the Brexit deadline - 30 March 2019.
Some countries are bidding to host both the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and European Banking Authority (EBA).
It means hundreds of jobs moving from London, along with significant revenue from hotel stays and conferences.
The deciding vote will take place in November.
The EU 27 agreed on the selection process on Thursday night, after UK Prime Minister Theresa May had left the Brussels summit.
The 27 are determined that the UK will pay the relocation bill, as Brexit was a UK decision ..

eeee yeeew .... wants to take their ball and go home ... wants UK to pay for the walk ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:31 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
That poster is fantastic. Love the symbology of it ;)

The lady bears are remarkable resemblance to Athena aka Minerva. Or do my eyes deceive me? I know the African male lion is a standard and it traces back to at least Richard, but is there some other significance to it?

And then of course the trident . . . all good seafaring people's need to nod to Poseidon, aka Neptune

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:

The lady bears are remarkable resemblance to Athena aka Minerva. Or do my eyes deceive me? I know the African male lion is a standard and it traces back to at least Richard, but is there some other significance to it?

And then of course the trident . . . all good seafaring people's need to nod to Poseidon, aka Neptune

Britannia is indeed a derivative of Minerva, I believe. It actually dates back from when Britain was the Roman province of Britannia.

I think the lion is a royal thing. They still have lions on the royal emblem now... not sure it means anything more than 'bad ass heraldic symbol'.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2726
EUBanana wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Britannia is indeed a derivative of Minerva, I believe. It actually dates back from when Britain was the Roman province of Britannia.

I think the lion is a royal thing. They still have lions on the royal emblem now... not sure it means anything more than 'bad ass heraldic symbol'.

Too bad that the jewel on the crown was lost. Winston wasn't too happy with that.

Good luck with your imperial aspirations. ;)

Or are consent with Little Britain, True Britain sans Scotland. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:40 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
nero wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Too bad that the jewel on the crown was lost. Winston wasn't too happy with that.

Yes right, because being a sovereign nation-state is equivalent to being an Empire . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

You're the one named after a psychotic Roman emperor and who routinely kisses the arse of the imperial power of the age... ;)

Profile E-mail