maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post subject: Re: Snap Election!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
Anthropoid wrote:
Given the Brexit thing is more-or-less final, I find it strange to take that risk at this time. But then maybe Brexit is not so "final" as we have been led to think? With an inscrutable bureacracy like the EU, there may well be fine print somewhere which was overlooked until recently and which change the strategic forces in such a way that: going forward toward finalizing the Article 50 actions, the conservatives have realized they NEED a larger majority in Parliament?

It's certainly risky. But I assume this is basically it. There will be enough Tory rebels over Brexit to cause her trouble no matter which way she goes. I assume this is about shoring up that majority and cementing her authority as a result.

There might be an element of striking while the iron is hot as well, as the main opposition's polling ratings are in the toilet at the moment.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13531
EUBanana wrote:
My Facebook feed full of people moaning about how Corbyn would win if he campaigned on a eurosceptic manifesto.

1) How does adopting the policy that lost last year help him?
2) Labour is fekt

Wait, I am confused. Labour was pro Brexit? Isn't a "eurosceptic" in favor of Brexit?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:45 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Wait, I am confused. Labour was pro Brexit? Isn't a "eurosceptic" in favor of Brexit?

Corbyn has said he would respect the referendum result. He put a three line whip on Labour MPs to get the Article 50 bill passed.

The Blairites do not respect the referendum, and would rather the Labour Party just ignored it. Though you have to bear Old Labour, pre-Blairite takeover, was a eurosceptic party - the further left you go, the less the EU is liked. You're not going to usher in a command economy while under EU control after all. The Communist Party of Great Britain was campaigning for us to leave. (All 5 of them).

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
EUBanana wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Corbyn has said he would respect the referendum result. He put a three line whip on Labour MPs to get the Article 50 bill passed.

The Blairites do not respect the referendum, and would rather the Labour Party just ignored it. Though you have to bear Old Labour, pre-Blairite takeover, was a eurosceptic party - the further left you go, the less the EU is liked. You're not going to usher in a command economy while under EU control after all. The Communist Party of Great Britain was campaigning for us to leave. (All 5 of them).

Ahhhh, well then I'd say that must explain it. Strike while the iron is hot and the enemy is divided.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:22 am 
Sergeant Major

Judging by the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Blairite Left on this I guess May has made the right decision...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8533
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:40 am 
Sergeant Major

Tory / UKIP neck and neck for me...

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3091150940

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3280
http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3093685396

Tory 67%

UKIP 61%

God Save the Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13531
"Plaid Cymru" What the Hell?

The Labour guy has a 13 inch neck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
Calls for a song!

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail