maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: FREEDOM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
@EUBanana

Not the first time I challenge your blanket statement, is it? :roll:

And you can never present any concrete facts, can you?

But then we are living in post-factual times where facts and opinions are equal. :roll:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Those were the days.

No, I said I'm not going to bother being trolled, and I'm really not. I have eyes and ears of my own, and I'm not interested in hearing your dubious bullshit. What's the point? If I want your opinions I can read the Guardian or listen to Guy Verhofstadt, I don't need a middleman.

It's also completely irrelevant to you. One second you wanted the UK out, now you want us in?

I couldn't give a fuck what you think, frankly. If you like the EU you're some sort of brain dead imperialist anyway, which is ironic given what you're like (Brexit-Svoboda, it's truly lulzworthy. Svoboda, the fascists, were PRO EU you fucking idiot, and you're going to school me on facts?).

If you want to be governed by morons like Martin Schulz or that bell end in the nomenklatura who thinks Putin will cause migrants to rape Germans to undermine Merkel with his mind control rays, well, you knock yourself out. I've never opined on what Finland should or should not do because I don't give a shit, as I don't live there, and it's nothing to do with me, and I don't have the brass neck to lecture someone there from miles away as if I know what's in front of his own nose better than he does.

Whatever, but my point is that you lay out blanket statements without any single fact to back them.

The only thing you can is to lay other blanket statements, without any facts to support them, only your opinions. Opinions from your "yellow press".

Shame on you. :(

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:48 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6383
From the Huffington Post (certainly pro-remain):

Leave Lies? Remainers Need To Look In The Mirror

So you see, the remainers lied too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
LaPalice wrote:
From the Huffington Post (certainly pro-remain):

Leave Lies? Remainers Need To Look In The Mirror

So you see, the remainers lied too.

I have just ask the color of your eyes, my guess is blue. My eyes are between blue and gray, steel gray.

I don't know HuffPost's position on brexit, but I certainly know the stand of Matthew Ellery on the issue. In the beginning of his article is the description"Research Executive at Get Britain Out". He also writes for Breitbart, author at Breitbart.

But let's have a fair game and look what are the lies:

1st lie:
Matthew Ellery wrote:
European Council President Donald Tusk, said western political civilisation would be destroyed if the UK voted ‘Leave’. As I am sitting here writing this article, and as you are currently reading this, it is safe to say western political civilisation has not ended. Therefore, we must conclude this was a ‘Remain’ lie.

I didn't realize that Donald Tusk was in the remain campaign. :shock:

And then Tusk actually said: "As a historian I fear Brexit could be the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also Western political civilisation in its entirety". So he expressed his fear. And Ellery said Tusk said that western political civilisation would be destroyed if the UK voted ‘Leave’. I say that Ellery is "extrapolating a little".

2nd lie:
Matthew Ellery wrote:
David Cameron implied in a speech about the “serried rows of white headstones” that World War 3 would be upon us if Brexit occurred. The last time I checked the UK had not invaded Poland or any other country, and therefore we must conclude this was a lie.

Cameron agrees with Tusk, saying could, not would. But Ellery is incapable to make the difference.

All the next "lies" follow the pattern that if the UK leaves the EU something could happen. So after the brexit vote nothing of that had not materialized, those projecting something happening after the UK leaves the EU, were lying. But there is a small detail, Britain is still member of the EU, isn't it.

Then how about the fact that people from other EU countries are still moving to Britain, unlike the brexiters were promising. But who lying here.

This class of "lies" can be explained with this allegory. You are holding a raw egg in your hand and I predict that if you drop the egg, there will be a mess on the floor. So am I a liar until you actually drop the egg and witness the mess? :roll:

The actual lie I found is this:
Matthew Ellery wrote:
David Cameron said he wouldn’t resign as Prime Minister if he lost the Referendum vote. Enough said.

No comment necessary. :puke:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:34 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
The truth is: no one has a crystal ball.

Moreover: no ideological position ever has proven to be completely satisfactory all the time.

Pragmatism = doing the rational thing given the situation.

An American philosophy

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:17 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
All Hail ...

Sajid Javid speaketh !!!

Quote:
... Writing in the Sunday Times, Mr Javid said people could not play a "positive role" in public life unless they accepted basic values.
These included democracy, equality and freedom of speech, he said. ...

Re-stated ... Bow Down to the MOOZLUMS !!!

:)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38355373

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:44 am 
First Sergeant

Depending on what specifically is in that oath, I'd say it could be a very good thing.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 pm 
First Sergeant

I say no. While I am not a Brit ... I am a "Jo-ian" ... and "Jo-ians" have principles and values ... but we like the idea of having the ability to evolve our principles and values as we grow and learn. And if I was a Brit ... I would want that as well. The Brits did not fall out of the sky with a set of stone tablets laying down their immutable principles and values. Brit values evolved and are evolving ... and are a synthesis of the P&V of groups, subgroups and individual P&V. And these P&V are not constant or even consistent.

Nah, I think zer rag (not on) head (right now) is speaking double talk ... and saying "bow down to the moozlums" you low life kuffirs" ... and doesn't care a whit for those P&V about which zee blathers ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:59 pm 
First Sergeant

Hmmm, it could be. Still, an oath simply along the lines of "I pledge allegiance to the _insert nation_ and swear to uphold the ethics and principles of the _insert nation_ above all others . . . etc. [necessarily bent into proper legalese]" seems like a good idea.

The Union forced some Confederates to that and as far I know it did help somewhat.

Course for a culture (Islam) in which lying for the sake of the faith is considered sacred, even that could backfire . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:59 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
... Making civil servants and other holders of public office swear an oath to British values would not help combat radicalisation, the shadow home secretary has said.
Diane Abbott told Sky News it would not make "any verifiable difference" ...

Re-stated, it wouldn't help kill rags faster ... got it! Someone with a clue!!! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
Oaths are pointless, and somewhat un-British.

It just tells me that they got no idea how to clean up their mess.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next