maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Terrible Theresa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:06 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8258
Quote:
... Yes mate. ...

Excellent ... last night I was learning some Aussie ... today I'm learning some Brit ... I'll be a genius in no time !!

;)
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12744
EUBanana wrote:
I have to say though, credit where it's due to the Iron Mayden... it's looking like Brexit is on.

All the offices of state that involve dealing with the outside world (Foreign Sec, trade dude, Minister for Brexit) given to hard core Brexiteers.

I heard one analyst on the news comment that the reason why the hard core Brexiters were given those positions is that the "establishment" leaders (the "Remain" crowd) want to be able to blame them "if" BREXIT turns out badly.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9561
chijohnaok wrote:
EUBanana wrote:
I have to say though, credit where it's due to the Iron Mayden... it's looking like Brexit is on.

All the offices of state that involve dealing with the outside world (Foreign Sec, trade dude, Minister for Brexit) given to hard core Brexiteers.

I heard one analyst on the news comment that the reason why the hard core Brexiters were given those positions is that the "establishment" leaders (the "Remain" crowd) want to be able to blame them "if" BREXIT turns out badly.

That thought has crossed my mind too. They are off in their own little bubble.

The only worry I have is that they won't be given the authority required to do their job. Hammond is Chancellor and an arch-europhile, so how is that going to work? he'll be able to veto the brexiteers all the time.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2348
EUBanana wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

That thought has crossed my mind too. They are off in their own little bubble.

The only worry I have is that they won't be given the authority required to do their job. Hammond is Chancellor and an arch-europhile, so how is that going to work? he'll be able to veto the brexiteers all the time.

But what could go wrong? UK will be an export oriented country with solid account surplus with the colonies. No single market needed. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
But what could go wrong? UK will be an export oriented country with solid account surplus with the colonies. No single market needed. ;)

Given imports from the single market are something like 5 times the exports... I aint too fussed.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Given imports from the single market are something like 5 times the exports... I aint too fussed.

Yeah, wheat from Australia, lamb from New Zealand. Happy days are here again. And most importantly, no tax on ale.

;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:

A new morning for the old people who prefer the goode olde empire over the evil europe that puts tax on beer. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12744
EUBanana wrote:

Great song selection.

Back in my bar hopping days in Chicago there was a bar that would play this song every night to cue the patrons that it was "closing time", move to the exits, it's time to go.

:)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
A new morning for the old people who prefer the goode olde empire over the evil europe that puts tax on beer. :roll:

:lol:

The only thing old politically these days in Europe is the rotting EU.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next