EU and Brexit

All things British. Kidney Pie, Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

Moderator: chijohnaok

Forum rules
Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin
Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

Re: EU and Brexit

#961 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 pm

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#962 Post by EUBanana » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 am

Finally some bollocks being displayed from a few Brexiteers lately.

Most the Northern Irish DUP guys. They are like honey badgers, they don't give a shit, they'll bring down the government if they have to. Unionism is not optional to these guys, it's why they exist. One of them just said that if this sellout happens it'll be maximum disruption from them.

Apparently Treasonous Theresa is pinning her hopes on a Labour rebellion, the usual tired old EU way of getting a grand coalition of drones from across the political spectrum to follow the status quo. As happened in Germany. The UK system is far more tribal though, that sort of arrangement would be far more unusual here.

No idea why the prime minister of the United Kingdom and so many of her advisors seems to think that it's her god given duty to preserve the European Ideal as much as she possibly can over the interests of her own country - up to and including its territorial integrity - but that's how it is. Must admit, I knew some Tory quislings were low, but didn't realise quite that low. When you have twats like Dominic Grieve out there though, who are openly and proudly more loyal to the EU than the UK, who make a virtue of their treachery and their dereliction of duty, then you have to think. I don't think any other country in the world has so much of a quisling ruling class as ours. And these buggers have been there up to no good like a mob of pestilential weevils for the last few decades, gnawing away behind the scenes. So many parliamentarians are literally batting for the other side. Imagine a US senator who proudly says he's working for Canada, doesnt give a fuck about the US and works quite openly to try and give Canada whatever they want at the US's expense. All perfectly in the open. He'd be lying there on a couch in the newsroom explaining earnestly that that's what he's doing, and that's that, as if it was normal. That shit would not fly. Here, it flies all the time.

I guess the best we can say about it is that the mask is off at least. Quite funny seeing Tory activists literally going apocalyptic, the 'treason' word bandied around almost at will. Whatever happens, surely politics in the Conservative Party from here on in will have to change at some point. This is historic stuff.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major

#963 Post by nero » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 pm

EUBanana wrote:Finally some bollocks being displayed from a few Brexiteers lately.

Most the Northern Irish DUP guys. They are like honey badgers, they don't give a shit, they'll bring down the government if they have to. Unionism is not optional to these guys, it's why they exist. One of them just said that if this sellout happens it'll be maximum disruption from them.

Apparently Treasonous Theresa is pinning her hopes on a Labour rebellion, the usual tired old EU way of getting a grand coalition of drones from across the political spectrum to follow the status quo. As happened in Germany. The UK system is far more tribal though, that sort of arrangement would be far more unusual here.

No idea why the prime minister of the United Kingdom and so many of her advisors seems to think that it's her god given duty to preserve the European Ideal as much as she possibly can over the interests of her own country - up to and including its territorial integrity - but that's how it is. Must admit, I knew some Tory quislings were low, but didn't realise quite that low. When you have twats like Dominic Grieve out there though, who are openly and proudly more loyal to the EU than the UK, who make a virtue of their treachery and their dereliction of duty, then you have to think. I don't think any other country in the world has so much of a quisling ruling class as ours. And these buggers have been there up to no good like a mob of pestilential weevils for the last few decades, gnawing away behind the scenes. So many parliamentarians are literally batting for the other side. Imagine a US senator who proudly says he's working for Canada, doesnt give a fuck about the US and works quite openly to try and give Canada whatever they want at the US's expense. All perfectly in the open. He'd be lying there on a couch in the newsroom explaining earnestly that that's what he's doing, and that's that, as if it was normal. That shit would not fly. Here, it flies all the time.

I guess the best we can say about it is that the mask is off at least. Quite funny seeing Tory activists literally going apocalyptic, the 'treason' word bandied around almost at will. Whatever happens, surely politics in the Conservative Party from here on in will have to change at some point. This is historic stuff.
The DUP is maximizing its position and trying capitalize as much as possible.

And as for the Tories, it is a divided party. I don't know how much the brexiters Boris, DD, and EggNogg have support. And there are a lot of remoaners among tories too.

But in labor side the opposition of brexit is some 90%. What if a patricide happens and Corbyn is being chucked away?

We are living in interesting times. ;)

AS for game theory this is interesting. :lol:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#964 Post by EUBanana » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Nobody cares about Corbyn anymore. And besides, he's more of a Brexiteer than the Tory high command ever will be.

I've seen diehard Tory activists saying they'll vote for him because they don't give a fuck anymore if this goes through. Theresa May well as well be Lord North or Richard III to some of her activist base at this point. Some wag was making jokes about how Chamberlain will be rehabilitated at least because at least he wasn't a traitor.

The level of self immolation seems to be absolutely staggering. :lol:

Either way the EU is toast as far as the UK is concerned. Maybe not now. But that bridge is so thoroughly burned. Maybe the civil service will stitch us up, literally into some sort of legal vassalage like these quislings want, but if they do that, I cannot believe it will end there. It will just make it worse, long term. If I was Donald Tusk in the EU I'd actually want to GTFO if I had half a brain. It ain't worth it.

This is existential stuff. Its about democracy at this point. What cracks me up is that the Remainer nutcases seem to think it'll just stop if they can engineer some sort of blatant stitch up. As if they think a great number of people who care about politics will just vanish and be quiet. They won't. The Tories might not riot because they are all in their 50s, but this isn't just going to end because some fucktard like Dominic Grieve cares more about France than the UK. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even MPs themselves are using amazingly lurid language, let alone the activists.

The Tories are either going to have some sort of radical, existential change of course, or going to blow themselves all the way to the moon next year. We live in interesting times. I've never seen anything even close.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#965 Post by EUBanana » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:02 am

Former head of MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove, writes a letter to the Times about how Olly Robbins, the civil servant negotiating Brexit - and former president of an organisation dedicated to promoting European federalism - "has serious questions of improper conduct to answer".

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/may- ... -qc0889tj7

The fifth column careens on. Nuts.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#966 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am

nero
Sergeant Major

#967 Post by nero » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
RT. :lol:

That makes sense.

Divide et impera.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

nero
Sergeant Major

#968 Post by nero » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:03 pm

EUBanana wrote:Nobody cares about Corbyn anymore. And besides, he's more of a Brexiteer than the Tory high command ever will be.

I've seen diehard Tory activists saying they'll vote for him because they don't give a fuck anymore if this goes through. Theresa May well as well be Lord North or Richard III to some of her activist base at this point. Some wag was making jokes about how Chamberlain will be rehabilitated at least because at least he wasn't a traitor.

The level of self immolation seems to be absolutely staggering. :lol:

Either way the EU is toast as far as the UK is concerned. Maybe not now. But that bridge is so thoroughly burned. Maybe the civil service will stitch us up, literally into some sort of legal vassalage like these quislings want, but if they do that, I cannot believe it will end there. It will just make it worse, long term. If I was Donald Tusk in the EU I'd actually want to GTFO if I had half a brain. It ain't worth it.

This is existential stuff. Its about democracy at this point. What cracks me up is that the Remainer nutcases seem to think it'll just stop if they can engineer some sort of blatant stitch up. As if they think a great number of people who care about politics will just vanish and be quiet. They won't. The Tories might not riot because they are all in their 50s, but this isn't just going to end because some fucktard like Dominic Grieve cares more about France than the UK. :lol: :lol: :lol: Even MPs themselves are using amazingly lurid language, let alone the activists.

The Tories are either going to have some sort of radical, existential change of course, or going to blow themselves all the way to the moon next year. We live in interesting times. I've never seen anything even close.
After Corbyn patricide, the eggnosenses have no corbynscare to scare of the innocent. After the May deal fails, and there is imminent no deal brexit the British patriots vote for the nation, not for the party. That results a new GE where the election item is the brexit issue. Without Corbyn, Labour wins a major victory with ChuckBrexit agenda. And the new government ask May's brexit letter back and if a need appears arranges a new, better worded referendum.

How about that. ;)

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#969 Post by EUBanana » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Another ten years of political guerilla warfare even dirtier than the last twenty. A lot of people who feel utterly fucked off with the whole democratic process and just switch off.

A revote after the civil service stitch it up. Stitch it up so badly the head of MI6 has concerns! How do you think thats going down? Suppose 40% still vote leave, what's that 40% going to think? Chill, move on? No, i don't think so. Far as I'm concerned we'd be under a foreign occupying power at that point, despite whatever veneer of legality they put on it.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#970 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 pm

nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
RT. :lol:

That makes sense.

Divide et impera.
Yes, everything that hurts Newo's feewings comes from the mean old Russian bad man.

Crikey, which ever Russian bull broke your heart, he really did a number on you! :P