EU and Brexit

All things British. Kidney Pie, Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

Moderator: chijohnaok

Forum rules
Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin
Mac
First Sergeant

Re: EU and Brexit

#2541 Post by Mac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Dinosaur wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:19 pm
Jumpin' the gun are they ?? I mean its another 18 days and a wake up before you're actually GONE, right ??
I think it is for everyone Joe, the EU don't want any flags but their own to be shown. They want to strip away member countries national identities and replace them with a nice shiny EU uniform look. Repulsive.
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#2542 Post by EUBanana » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Well, Guido says this...
Britain’s MEPs were called to a meeting at the EU Parliament this evening to discuss the ending of their mandates at the end of the month, how redundancies of both MEPs and staff will work, and how they need to go about shutting down their offices. Things were clearly in high spirits as Guido is informed Lib Dem and Labour MEPs went in determined to secure their pension rights. On the other hand, Farage has promised to not take a penny of his golden goodbye…

One Labour MEP desperately tried to justify why she deserved her full pension entitlement because she’s “been working really hard creating the biggest pro-EU movement in the UK”. Guido hears this caused laughter from all sides, including Brussels officials who spotted her movement clearly hadn’t worked…

Richard Corbett kept asking about whether he’d be able to get a ’widower’s pension’ and Caroline Voaden came out with the line “It shows just how unfair the system is” when she realised she won’t be getting her full pension. One source reports they think they spotted a couple of her colleagues in tears…

Unsurprisingly the Lib Dems were seething, with one telling Brexit Party MEP June Mummery to “shut up” when she tried talking, to which she fired back “shut yer big gob you”. One MEP tells Guido next time they’re definitely bringing popcorn…
Bwahahaha. Gravy train coming to an end.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#2543 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:12 pm

It sounds as if these British MEP‘s thought they would be elected for life and would collect a fat pension for doing whatever it was they do (nothing?).
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#2544 Post by EUBanana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:41 am

MEPs are invisible. I doubt aside from Farage a single one has any name recognition at all.

The European Parliament is a sham in and of itself. MEPs are well paid though, they make about double what an MP in Parliament makes.

And you can see what these spongers priorities are. They won't be the only ones, plenty of people received largesse from the EU.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

nero
Sergeant Major

#2545 Post by nero » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:34 am

EUBanana wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:41 am
MEPs are invisible. I doubt aside from Farage a single one has any name recognition at all.

The European Parliament is a sham in and of itself. MEPs are well paid though, they make about double what an MP in Parliament makes.

And you can see what these spongers priorities are. They won't be the only ones, plenty of people received largesse from the EU.
This is one good reason to be thankful for the Brexit.

:shock:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

nero
Sergeant Major

#2546 Post by nero » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am

chijohnaok wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 pm
My guess is that the number is way bigger than 10%. You can help me here. ;)
That is YOUR guess.

If you doubt the validity of the figures then feel free to find numbers from a valid source to contradict that.

I am NOT your research bitch.
Well, of all chickens processed in the US 97% is chlorine washed. But does it help? NOT.

A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#2547 Post by EUBanana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am

Brits have a long tradition of using their European Election votes to just tell the EU exactly what they think of the EU, ie fuck off.

Brexit Party and UKIP before them MEPs obliged. :lol:

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#2548 Post by EUBanana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 am

nero wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am
Well, of all chickens processed in the US 97% is chlorine washed. But does it help? NOT.
Funny how nobody cared until pro-EU people started repeating the propaganda.

Meanwhile the global food security index rates the US as #4 in the world for food safety and quality.

France is #9. Germany is #21.

This is really just the most retarded sort of nationalism I've ever seen when you look at it. :lol: I mean seriously, if you went to the US or Australia or for that matter Germany would you be worried about eating the food? it's not Nigeria.

nero
Sergeant Major

#2549 Post by nero » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am

EUBanana wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 am
nero wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am
Funny how nobody cared until pro-EU people started repeating the propaganda.

Meanwhile the global food security index rates the US as #4 in the world for food safety and quality.

France is #9. Germany is #21.

This is really just the most retarded sort of nationalism I've ever seen when you look at it. :lol: I mean seriously, if you went to the US or Australia or for that matter Germany would you be worried about eating the food? it's not Nigeria.
This is hard to believe, just because the food poisoning prevalence is tenfold in the US compared to UK and other EU countries. Some 48 million Americans get a food poisoning a year according to CDC. In UK it would correspond 9.38 million Brits getting food poisoning every year. :shock:

That food security index seems to as reliable as inflation numbers. :roll:

And then food safety != food security.

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#2550 Post by EUBanana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 am

nero wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am
This is hard to believe, just because the food poisoning prevalence is tenfold in the US compared to UK and other EU countries. Some 48 million Americans get a food poisoning a year according to CDC. In UK it would correspond 9.38 million Brits getting food poisoning every year. :shock:
Says the guy bluntly comparing two figures never intended to be comparable while shrugging off a body that actually tries to rank countries. Yeah, respect the science, eh? :lol:

https://fullfact.org/health/food-poisoning-US-UK/