maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16550
It's called a metaphor, Nero.

And gawd, not Putin again. :(

You can see why the UK is a happier place. We're a lot further away from the world's shit holes than you are. ;) The US must be just one unending barrel of laughs compared to Europe, on the other side of the planet from everything bad.

Well, I guess they are near Mexico. Could be worse though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
How big proportion of the people in the UK is now supporting brexit when all the nuances of the separation comes in public knowledge?

Brexit basically won't affect most people beyond the cultural and philosophical level. Most government policy does not. People live their own lives.

Quote:
And think about the fishing industry that for brexit and now realizes that 75% of its catch goes to EU. :shock:

I'm sure that'll really enamour the fishermen to forgive the Commission. No, they'll think they'll have been fucked over by their own government. I'm sure everything will be just peachy then. Is that your argument?

Quote:
And England will not get its own parliament like Scotland, North Ireland and Wales. OK, if those parts of the UK drop off, you will. Little England. ;)

Look at that. Little England.

Oh, dude. On this, you are clueless. You know nothing of what the English want, or England, and yet you seem to see fit to pass judgment. Like I said before, simply not qualified. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. .

I vote for stuff. You seem to think if I get what I want, I'll be sad. I won't be. ;) Ascribe to me at least some capacity for rational thought, I got a photo of my brain to prove its there.

England must be the most self assured, at ease with itself nation on the planet. If there's one nation on earth with nothing to prove, its England. Little England? Ha. Come on. If our national psyche has a problem, its the opposite of that. What do you think all the self deprecating humour and chap rock is about? Our national superego is like frickin' iron. This is an island. A basically happy one, at least away from the shit hole cities. Fog in channel, continent cut off. We like being little England. Havn't you read the Lord of the Rings? All your 'Empire' BS is about a million miles off the mark, though i guess jealousy does worm its way into the heart a bit. How sad.

I'm sorry. I hate to psychoanalyse along nationalist lines because it's basically crass, but as you're being crass lets do it - maybe Finland has some sort of gripe, you know, maybe Finlandization hurt you guys or something deep in the feels. And I read SATW comic online, and hang out with Swedes. I know a hint of the Scandinavian little in jokes, at least vaguely. The ones where Finland is the butt of the jokes, with the knives, drinking, alcoholism, shit weather, bad shaving and being the ballsack. I hate to comment, because not being a Scandie, I'm not qualified and don't really know, I kinda get the impression you guys are all having a laugh over there despite it all, and besides I've always found Finland an admirable country myself. I even ran an RPG about the Winter War once.

But there does seem to be just a little envy or something going on here. I guess I take it with a belly laugh and a shake of my head.

Quote:
Feelings, no sense and rationality -- the motivation of brexit.

Yeah okay Mr Little England. I believe ya. Totally rational. As logical as a Parthenon of philosophers.

Quote:
To say it nicely. ;)

Okay, Scandinavia's ballsack with the brain damaged lion on your coat of arms. :lol:

Was Blocked from giving you points for this.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:37 am 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
It's called a metaphor, Nero.

You can see why the UK is a happier place. We're a lot further away from the world's shit holes than you are. ;) The US must be just one unending barrel of laughs compared to Europe, on the other side of the planet from everything bad.

Well, I guess they are near Mexico. Could be worse though.

Quote:

It’s almost as if Putin once inappropriately touched Nero’s pee-pee and that left Nero traumatized for life.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10460
chijohnaok wrote:
It’s almost as if Putin once inappropriately touched Nero’s pee-pee and that left Nero traumatized for life.

Or he quit too soon....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

If I lived right opposite Putin maybe I’d have a different attitude.

I can grok. It does look like monomania or something though. He’s been nerve gassing Salisbury but doesn’t hang over the country’s thoughts like a pall, unless you are an excitable conspiracy theorist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Which world leaders are the most "dangerous" to the US right now?

1) Kim
2) Khomeni
3) Pelosi
4) Schumer
5) Xi
6) Putin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
jack t ripper wrote:
Which world leaders are the most "dangerous" to the US right now?

jack t ripper wrote:
2) Khomeni

Ruhollah Khomeini died 1989.

jack t ripper wrote:
3) Pelosi
4) Schumer

World leaders? :roll:

But then there is baseball world series. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Literally, our civil servants and ministers are batting for the other side.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... ject-fear/

I just hope when it all happens, and it turns out the latest disaster predictions turn out to be rather milder than forecast, that scales fall from eyes, and people basically forget it all. 5 years later after nothing has basically changed, aside from not having to obey ridiculous EU laws, people will be hard put to remember what the fuss was about. Hard to imagine it may be in 2018 with it all current and ongoing and high-octane stuff. But that seems to be what happened in Norway over the EU debate, it's a non issue now because the doom-mongers turned out to be so utterly wrong. Every so often the Norwegian ruling class seem to try and nudge them into the EU again, because for whatever reason in the 21st century it seems like being a globalist is baked in to being a politician, and the voting public just laugh.

If not for Treasonous Theresa, I'm pretty sure that that is what would actually play out.

I recall the debate on the UK joining the euro too so there is precedent within the UK, that was the same sort of thing. Pretty heated stuff at the time. A lot of people saying not joining simply was not an option. But after a few years it was so patently obvious that we dodged a bullet there, not even arch-europhiles try that one on now, the very idea is so risible. Everybody knows it'll be a curse. Nowadays the only time the euro is mentioned is 'We have an opt out!'.

Kinda fun to see people like Nick Clegg have to deploy that when selling their (pipe) dream.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
Literally, our civil servants and ministers are batting for the other side.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... ject-fear/

I just hope when it all happens, and it turns out the latest disaster predictions turn out to be rather milder than forecast, that scales fall from eyes, and people basically forget it all. 5 years later after nothing has basically changed, aside from not having to obey ridiculous EU laws, people will be hard put to remember what the fuss was about. Hard to imagine it may be in 2018 with it all current and ongoing and high-octane stuff. But that seems to be what happened in Norway over the EU debate, it's a non issue now because the doom-mongers turned out to be so utterly wrong. Every so often the Norwegian ruling class seem to try and nudge them into the EU again, because for whatever reason in the 21st century it seems like being a globalist is baked in to being a politician, and the voting public just laugh.

If not for Treasonous Theresa, I'm pretty sure that that is what would actually play out.

I recall the debate on the UK joining the euro too so there is precedent within the UK, that was the same sort of thing. Pretty heated stuff at the time. A lot of people saying not joining simply was not an option. But after a few years it was so patently obvious that we dodged a bullet there, not even arch-europhiles try that one on now, the very idea is so risible. Everybody knows it'll be a curse. Nowadays the only time the euro is mentioned is 'We have an opt out!'.

Kinda fun to see people like Nick Clegg have to deploy that when selling their (pipe) dream.

Now I can sense some desperation there.

And this project fear is quite interesting. Both brexiters and remoaners are using it. M26 as a lorry park. :lol:

Quite a pandemonium. :shock:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's sensationalist.

It's Breitbart.

But the basic thesis of Mayhem trying to scare the $hit out of everybody is true enough. Don't need to read Breitbart to read about that.

Weird thing is the actual economic indicators, as in what's going on in the real world this instant, are great. And yes, we've not left yet, but that didn't stop the muppets in 2016 from predicting a disaster that simply hasn't happened. So at the end of the day, it's simply baseless. Yeah, I expect some sort of misery coming up when the actual switch happens, only because a change surely will even if it's a good change throw a spanner into the works, but anything more is for the birds really, you may as well predict the date of the next stock market slump.

And events over the last few months, the whole mass resignation of the Brexit potemkin ministry and such after May sawed them off at the knees (2 years she had them making plans. And then after 2 years, she shitcanned those plans and let a Europhile civil servant dictate how it's gonna be. That's not democratic cabinet government), pretty much have convinced me that the civil service and the guys who run the Tories are basically the enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 111  Next