maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 111  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
nero wrote:
The referendum was advisory, not binding. ;)

The Parliament represents the people. ;)


Spoken like a lawyer, not a democrat.

Brazil has a lot of lawyers too.

When everybody is saying "Democracy is dead, fuck it" then you'll find things become a bit generally shit.

Just imagine what all those Brexiteers will think of the EU then. you know. The majority of the voting public. You think this is tenable? pleasant? desirable?

What really puzzles me is. Why? Is your EU imperialism really so hard core? WTF does it matter to you anyway, over in Finland? Is it a sort of Euro-nationalism? Is this sort of thing what you want the EU to be?

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550


Treason May being dragged kicking and screaming towards something other than betrayal.

The Brexiteers have to drag every little concession out of her though.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15913
Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
The referendum was advisory, not binding. ;)

The Parliament represents the people. ;)


Spoken like a lawyer, not a democrat.

Brazil has a lot of lawyers too.

When everybody is saying "Democracy is dead, fuck it" then you'll find things become a bit generally shit.

Just imagine what all those Brexiteers will think of the EU then. you know. The majority of the voting public. You think this is tenable? pleasant? desirable?

What really puzzles me is. Why? Is your EU imperialism really so hard core? WTF does it matter to you anyway, over in Finland? Is it a sort of Euro-nationalism?

No lawyer, but a logical mathematician. ;)

Then I know a little about history and how nationalism puts silly ideas in peoples minds. :roll:

How big proportion of the people in the UK is now supporting brexit when all the nuances of the separation comes in public knowledge?

And think about the fishing industry that for brexit and now realizes that 75% of its catch goes to EU. :shock:

And England will not get its own parliament like Scotland, North Ireland and Wales. OK, if those parts of the UK drop off, you will. Little England. ;)

Feelings, no sense and rationality -- the motivation of brexit.

To say it nicely. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
nero wrote:
How big proportion of the people in the UK is now supporting brexit when all the nuances of the separation comes in public knowledge?


Brexit basically won't affect most people beyond the cultural and philosophical level. Most government policy does not. People live their own lives.

Quote:
And think about the fishing industry that for brexit and now realizes that 75% of its catch goes to EU. :shock:


I'm sure that'll really enamour the fishermen to forgive the Commission. No, they'll think they'll have been fucked over by their own government. I'm sure everything will be just peachy then. Is that your argument?

Quote:
And England will not get its own parliament like Scotland, North Ireland and Wales. OK, if those parts of the UK drop off, you will. Little England. ;)


Look at that. Little England.

Oh, dude. On this, you are clueless. You know nothing of what the English want, or England, and yet you seem to see fit to pass judgment. Like I said before, simply not qualified. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. .

I vote for stuff. You seem to think if I get what I want, I'll be sad. I won't be. ;) Ascribe to me at least some capacity for rational thought, I got a photo of my brain to prove its there.

England must be the most self assured, at ease with itself nation on the planet. If there's one nation on earth with nothing to prove, its England. Little England? Ha. Come on. If our national psyche has a problem, its the opposite of that. What do you think all the self deprecating humour and chap rock is about? Our national superego is like frickin' iron. This is an island. A basically happy one, at least away from the shit hole cities. Fog in channel, continent cut off. We like being little England. Havn't you read the Lord of the Rings? All your 'Empire' BS is about a million miles off the mark, though i guess jealousy does worm its way into the heart a bit. How sad.

I'm sorry. I hate to psychoanalyse along nationalist lines because it's basically crass, but as you're being crass lets do it - maybe Finland has some sort of gripe, you know, maybe Finlandization hurt you guys or something deep in the feels. And I read SATW comic online, and hang out with Swedes. I know a hint of the Scandinavian little in jokes, at least vaguely. The ones where Finland is the butt of the jokes, with the knives, drinking, alcoholism, shit weather, bad shaving and being the ballsack. I hate to comment, because not being a Scandie, I'm not qualified and don't really know, I kinda get the impression you guys are all having a laugh over there despite it all, and besides I've always found Finland an admirable country myself. I even ran an RPG about the Winter War once.

But there does seem to be just a little envy or something going on here. I guess I take it with a belly laugh and a shake of my head.

Quote:
Feelings, no sense and rationality -- the motivation of brexit.


Yeah okay Mr Little England. I believe ya. Totally rational. As logical as a Parthenon of philosophers.

Quote:
To say it nicely. ;)


Okay, Scandinavia's ballsack with the brain damaged lion on your coat of arms. :lol:

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15913
Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
How big proportion of the people in the UK is now supporting brexit when all the nuances of the separation comes in public knowledge?


Brexit basically won't affect most people beyond the cultural and philosophical level. Most government policy does not. People live their own lives.

Quote:
And think about the fishing industry that for brexit and now realizes that 75% of its catch goes to EU. :shock:


I'm sure that'll really enamour the fishermen to forgive the Commission. No, they'll think they'll have been fucked over by their own government. I'm sure everything will be just peachy then. Is that your argument?

Quote:
And England will not get its own parliament like Scotland, North Ireland and Wales. OK, if those parts of the UK drop off, you will. Little England. ;)


Look at that. Little England.

Oh, dude. On this, you are clueless. You know nothing of what the English want, or England, and yet you seem to see fit to pass judgment. Like I said before, simply not qualified. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. .

I vote for stuff. You seem to think if I get what I want, I'll be sad. I won't be. ;) Ascribe to me at least some capacity for rational thought, I got a photo of my brain to prove its there.

England must be the most self assured, at ease with itself nation on the planet. If there's one nation on earth with nothing to prove, its England. Little England? Ha. Come on. If our national psyche has a problem, its the opposite of that. What do you think all the self deprecating humour and chap rock is about? Our national superego is like frickin' iron. This is an island. A basically happy one, at least away from the shit hole cities. Fog in channel, continent cut off. We like being little England. Havn't you read the Lord of the Rings? All your 'Empire' BS is about a million miles off the mark, though i guess jealousy does worm its way into the heart a bit. How sad.

I'm sorry. I hate to psychoanalyse along nationalist lines because it's basically crass, but as you're being crass lets do it - maybe Finland has some sort of gripe, you know, maybe Finlandization hurt you guys or something deep in the feels. And I read SATW comic online, and hang out with Swedes. I know a hint of the Scandinavian little in jokes, at least vaguely. The ones where Finland is the butt of the jokes, with the knives, drinking, alcoholism, shit weather, bad shaving and being the ballsack. I hate to comment, because not being a Scandie, I'm not qualified and don't really know, I kinda get the impression you guys are all having a laugh over there despite it all, and besides I've always found Finland an admirable country myself. I even ran an RPG about the Winter War once.

But there does seem to be just a little envy or something going on here. I guess I take it with a belly laugh and a shake of my head.

Quote:
Feelings, no sense and rationality -- the motivation of brexit.


Yeah okay Mr Little England. I believe ya. Totally rational. As logical as a Parthenon of philosophers.

Quote:
To say it nicely. ;)


Okay, Scandinavia's ballsack with the brain damaged lion on your coat of arms. :lol:

Greetings from Little Finland.

Image

Little England will have sheep. If you know your history, you know what I mean. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
Yup, that’s the brain damaged lion!

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15913
Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
Yup, that’s the brain damaged lion!


:lol:

Image

Brexit lions escaping Europe. But can they swim? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
Image

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11582
Reputation points: 16550
Your concern is admirable Nero, but I'm sure we'll be fine just yet.

Bit like every other nation that achieves independence. "I'm sure India will have problems, but they will be our problems, not yours.", as I think Ghandi said. Fair play eh.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 15913
Reputation points: 720
We know humour.

Image

But to tell May to ‘bring her own noose’ is not humour.

Image

:twisted:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 111  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group