maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16550
Become a hate figure, become hated. Governments should be afraid of their people.

We don't have a history of assassination. Jo Cox was shot by a nutcase, who had a specific axe to grind as it turned out. Sad, but ultimately irrelevant. If you want to talk about prime MP killer material, lets talk about the IRA. You know. The ones Corbyn sucks up to. Actually lets not, it's just as irrelevant in 2018.

What we don't need is po faced Labour virtue signallers setting the frame of debate. Not when they are blatantly being political. Blatantly being Newspeakers. Just sod off. We made it to 2018 without thought control. Thought control is not an improvement. They want Brexiteers to shut up, thats the bottom line, well, I want speech police to sod off back between the pages of 1984 too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
EUBanana wrote:
Become a hate figure, become hated. Governments should be afraid of their people.

We don't have a history of assassination. Jo Cox was shot by a nutcase, who had a specific axe to grind as it turned out. Sad, but ultimately irrelevant. If you want to talk about prime MP killer material, lets talk about the IRA. You know. The ones Corbyn sucks up to. Actually lets not, it's just as irrelevant in 2018.

What we don't need is po faced Labour virtue signallers setting the frame of debate. Not when they are blatantly being political. Blatantly being Newspeakers. Just sod off. We made it to 2018 without thought control. Thought control is not an improvement. They want Brexiteers to shut up, thats the bottom line, well, I want speech police to sod off back between the pages of 1984 too.

So you are suggesting that the poet is a labourista? :shock:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

Dunno who specifically you're talking about. Probably following a related story. I know nothing of a poet.

A few Labour MPs were kicking off about the fine choice of words being used to describe Theresa May's political gore. Usual suspects, hatchet faced Yvette Cooper, the Jo Cox corpse pushers, etc.

I really don't have any respect for politicians using the memory of Jo Cox. Not after one got caught on a hot mic saying 'This is good for the campaign'. These people are sociopaths, not virtue signallers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Dunno who specifically you're talking about. Probably following a related story. I know nothing of a poet.

A few Labour MPs were kicking off about the fine choice of words being used to describe Theresa May's political gore. Usual suspects, hatchet faced Yvette Cooper, the Jo Cox corpse pushers, etc.

I really don't have any respect for politicians using the memory of Jo Cox. Not after one got caught on a hot mic saying 'This is good for the campaign'. These people are sociopaths, not virtue signallers.

So you are. :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

Are what?

Who is the poet dude then? ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Are what?

Who is the poet dude then? ;)

Quote:
In an article in the Sunday Times, a Tory backbencher was quoted as saying: "The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She'll be dead soon."

The PM was also told to "bring her own noose" to a meeting later this week.

One MP asked: "Have they learned nothing following the assassination of Jo Cox?"

Labour MP Mrs Cox was murdered in her West Yorkshire constituency by right-wing extremist Thomas Mair, a week before the Brexit referendum in June 2016.

The prime minister's official spokesman said: "Personal vitriol has no place in our politics."

So it goes in the UK. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Joker reference? Not exactly high art.

Bring her own noose, I saw that. Gallows humour. I don't see a problem.

Is 'stabbed in the back' going to be a banned phrase by 2025? Seems like it... I mean where does it end. Everybody is so freaked out by mere words these days... it's the curse of the age. Words are not actions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
Joker reference? Not exactly high art.

Bring her own noose, I saw that. Gallows humour. I don't see a problem.

Is 'stabbed in the back' going to be a banned phrase by 2025? Seems like it... I mean where does it end. Everybody is so freaked out by mere words these days... it's the curse of the age. Words are not actions.

Just waiting for the 48th letter.

And labour doing a patricide.

That would be something. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

We live in interesting times.

But if you think Brexit is going away I think you're wrong. I actually think if they did that they would make Parliament itself illegitimate. The plebs might not be able to do anything much about it, but legitimacy matters. Brazil is a dump because nobody gives a monkeys about the government's authority. Civil society suffers. And at the end of the day. The vox populi havn't actually changed their minds, so lets be honest, it's not going away. Political chicanery at the top will merely paper the cracks.

I'm actually kinda puzzled why you seem to want it stopped, and think that's a desirable outcome. ;) How is that better for anybody? The UK, the EU. It'll screw both, I think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

We live in interesting times.

But if you think Brexit is going away I think you're wrong. I actually think if they did that they would make Parliament itself illegitimate. The plebs might not be able to do anything much about it, but legitimacy matters. Brazil is a dump because nobody gives a monkeys about the government's authority. Civil society suffers. And at the end of the day. The vox populi havn't actually changed their minds, so lets be honest, it's not going away.

I'm actually kinda puzzled why you seem to want it stopped, and think that's a desirable outcome. ;) How is that better for anybody? The UK, the EU. It'll screw both, I think.

The referendum was advisory, not binding. ;)

The Parliament represents the people. ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 111  Next