maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
Gunnery Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 5547
Location: The Cockney Paradise
Reputation points: 14518
EUBanana wrote:
Nope, gobmint still desperate to keep us in and pretend otherwise.

By treaty we leave on 29th March 2019, however there will almost certainly be another treaty that keeps us aligned in some fashion. They are still haggling over how aligned that will be, a lot, or a little.


Image

_________________
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 13749
Reputation points: 2022
EUBanana wrote:
Nope, gobmint still desperate to keep us in and pretend otherwise.

By treaty we leave on 29th March 2019, however there will almost certainly be another treaty that keeps us aligned in some fashion. They are still haggling over how aligned that will be, a lot, or a little.

So you are expecting kind of Brino? :lol:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 10948
Reputation points: 13131
nero wrote:
So you are expecting kind of Brino? :lol:


Certainly some in Parliament want that.

However some emphatically do not, so who knows. Hopefully EU intransigence will mean no deal.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 13749
Reputation points: 2022
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
So you are expecting kind of Brino? :lol:


Certainly some in Parliament want that.

However some emphatically do not, so who knows. Hopefully EU intransigence will mean no deal.

That pesky Parliament, a danger to The One True Referendum. How dare them. :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 10090
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 11789
nero wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Certainly some in Parliament want that.

However some emphatically do not, so who knows. Hopefully EU intransigence will mean no deal.

That pesky Parliament, a danger to The One True Referendum. How dare them. :roll:


Cause our betters know what we want better than we do . . .

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 10948
Reputation points: 13131
nero wrote:
That pesky Parliament, a danger to The One True Referendum. How dare them. :roll:


They are supposed to represent the people, not rule them.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 10090
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 11789
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
That pesky Parliament, a danger to The One True Referendum. How dare them. :roll:


They are supposed to represent the people, not rule them.


Phfaah! So quaint :)

In the Better New World of EuroPropriety & Order, your unelected EU Bureacrats will not only know more about you and what you want/need to but how much, when and where to give you your rewards and punishments. Big Sister is watching ;)
Image

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 13749
Reputation points: 2022
EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
That pesky Parliament, a danger to The One True Referendum. How dare them. :roll:


They are supposed to represent the people, not rule them.

Both, represent the people and rule with the consent of the people. ;)

Quote:
A parliamentary system is a system of democratic governance of a state where the executive branch derives its democratic legitimacy from its ability to command the confidence of the legislative branch, typically a parliament, and is also held accountable to that parliament. In a parliamentary system, the head of state is usually a different person from the head of government.

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:13 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 10948
Reputation points: 13131
Quote:
In democratic parliaments, MPs are elected by the citizens. Some electoral systems upon which MPs are elected are based on geographic constituencies (either single MP or multiple MPs per constituency), while other systems may have formal or informal links to ethnic, religious or other sectoral constituencies through party lists. In either case, for an MP to be successful, the citizens must have some sense that they are being effectively represented in the parliament.

This proximity to citizens is the basis of parliaments’ representative function. According to John K. Johnson, writing for the World Bank Institute, “Unlike chief executives, who represent entire nations, or bureaucrats and judges, whose responsibility it is to carry out and interpret the law impartially toward all citizens, legislators are responsible for representing the differences in society, and for bringing these differences into the policy-making arena.” The parliament, as the sum total of these differences, is said to represent the beliefs and ideas of a nation.

The representative function of a parliament is characterised by its role as a venue for disparate perspectives, for the expression and debate of issues of local and national importance, and the translation of those debates into policies. For MPs, effective representation requires engaging their constituents in continuing dialogue in order to understand their views and perspectives, and to rely on their knowledge on various topics. MPs must then utilise the powers vested in their office (i.e. legislating, participating in debates, authoring questions, etc.) to voice the resulting ideas. Through the parliamentary committees an MP can use the formal structure of parliament to engage constitiuents and provide them with direct access to the decision-making process within the institution.


Presumably Nero disagrees.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 13749
Reputation points: 2022
EUBanana wrote:
Quote:
In democratic parliaments, MPs are elected by the citizens. Some electoral systems upon which MPs are elected are based on geographic constituencies (either single MP or multiple MPs per constituency), while other systems may have formal or informal links to ethnic, religious or other sectoral constituencies through party lists. In either case, for an MP to be successful, the citizens must have some sense that they are being effectively represented in the parliament.

This proximity to citizens is the basis of parliaments’ representative function. According to John K. Johnson, writing for the World Bank Institute, “Unlike chief executives, who represent entire nations, or bureaucrats and judges, whose responsibility it is to carry out and interpret the law impartially toward all citizens, legislators are responsible for representing the differences in society, and for bringing these differences into the policy-making arena.” The parliament, as the sum total of these differences, is said to represent the beliefs and ideas of a nation.

The representative function of a parliament is characterised by its role as a venue for disparate perspectives, for the expression and debate of issues of local and national importance, and the translation of those debates into policies. For MPs, effective representation requires engaging their constituents in continuing dialogue in order to understand their views and perspectives, and to rely on their knowledge on various topics. MPs must then utilise the powers vested in their office (i.e. legislating, participating in debates, authoring questions, etc.) to voice the resulting ideas. Through the parliamentary committees an MP can use the formal structure of parliament to engage constitiuents and provide them with direct access to the decision-making process within the institution.


Presumably Nero disagrees.

No, locality is an important factor. But this does not mean single seat districts is a good idea, I think just on the contrary. I strongly support multi-candidate proportional vote system.

But then how is proximity principle realized in another country:

Image

Like abstract art. :lol:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group