maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:16 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2526
This quite interesting. ;)

Does David Davis know what he is doing? :shock:

God save England.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:11 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11823
Michel Barnier has admitted he can't change his position, in his words he will "not deviate one iota from the mandate given" to him by his superiors.

Therefore, it's not a negotiation at all, it's an ultimatum, and it should be ignored. We should leave, and then after leaving the EU can have an FTA with us like they do with quite a few countries outside the EU already.

Finland can fill the budgetary void I'm sure. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
Michel Barnier has admitted he can't change his position, in his words he will "not deviate one iota from the mandate given" to him by his superiors.

Therefore, it's not a negotiation at all, it's an ultimatum, and it should be ignored. We should leave, and then after leaving the EU can have an FTA with us like they do with quite a few countries outside the EU already.

There will be no budgetary void. ;)

If needed there will be cuts for the delinquents like Poland, Hungary and Slovakia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

If needed there will be cuts for the delinquents like Poland, Hungary and Slovakia.

Excellent. EU delenda est. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Excellent. EU delenda est. ;)

Nah, not really. Two lines of development. And outsiders.

When you come crawling back, no discussion about the benefits Thatcher negotiated. ;)

Have a nice time. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
When you come crawling back, no discussion about the benefits Thatcher negotiated. ;)

Have a nice time. ;)

That would be the Remainer brainwashed fifth column, not me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:

Have a nice time. ;)

That would be the Remainer brainwashed fifth column, not me.

Time will tell, eventually. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

It does puzzle me why you care so much about the EU, tbh. It is utterly unlovable after all. Do people really look at Druncker and think, yeah. He's the man for the top job. I think it's great that our betters appoint people of this calibre to rule over us all.

I kinda assume you're just trolling.

Or maybe it's some sort of weird USSR thing. I dunno.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 am 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
It does puzzle me why you care so much about the EU, tbh. It is utterly unlovable after all. Do people really look at Druncker and think, yeah. He's the man for the top job. I think it's great that our betters appoint people of this calibre to rule over us all.

I kinda assume you're just trolling.

Or maybe it's some sort of weird USSR thing. I dunno.

The British anti-Europe sentiment has its historical roots. But in reality there little actual reasons to oppose the union.

The Brussels bureaucracy is much smaller than you realize, compare with it Whitehall. Of course there are always some friction when several parties find a solution to all.

But I no problems to accept the four freedoms. ;)

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:14 am 
Sergeant Major

There are plenty of reasons to oppose it - the fact it's not a democratically accountable being one of them.

The EU has demonstrated time and time again that it simply doesn't care about the welfare of its citizens, it cares far more about ideology and it's own self preservation. These days it doesn't even attempt to hide these facts, it openly crows it, and the propagangised sheep of the EU go along with it, presumably because they're alright Jack. Right now the main reason to be pro-EU seems to be imperialism, if the antics of Barnier and Juncker are anything to go by, because none of the good things that the EU tries to promote, like free trade, actually require an EU structure at all.

This whole carrot and stick approach to federalism ( "You have to accept being Juncker's bitch, if you want free trade" ) shows you what a sinister organisation this truly is, because you don't you don't need to be anybody's bitch to have free trade; it can even be offered unilaterally if you want. So the reason for the EU's existence isn't the free trade part, it's the bitch part. And this view of mine has been amply confirmed post-Brexit. I'm glad really, because surely the EU has burned the bridges good and proper with it's denunciations and demands.

Fortunately the EU is yesterday's news, frankly. The high water mark has been and gone, and Europe will inevitably decline in global relevance as time goes on. If they want to pursue imperialistic fantasies then whatever, tbh. All it will achieve is confirm to me t hat I'm right, something I'm very used to in politics ;) . I guess my next car will be a Nissan not a Volvo, a price I'm willing to pay to not be controlled by ideologues and drunkards for whom the plebs are scurrying little ants to be thrown on a bonfire whenever the Project requires it.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter’d isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 74  Next