maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 926 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
The British ruling class don’t want to leave, yet are in charge of leaving.

No surprise, or the referendum result wouldn’t have been such a shock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
mdiehl wrote:
Sort of looks like the UK is being bullied into giving away the store on Brexit. But I don't know for sure. How's the "concede to everything the EU demands and then they'll be willing to talk about trade" strategy playing domestically in the UK?

Think mebbe an English Language Nation trade bloc seems like a smart move. US, UK, Canada, Aus, NZ and, MAYBE (not sure) India.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-reward-to-britain-for-brexit-concessions-may-prove-meager-1511464102

It is easy. Trump just bows to Elizabeth and presto: the Empire, white empire is back.

;)

Nero seems to have a fixation with whiteness and race.

22% of the United States is made up of those who are non-white.

Almost 13% of the United Kingdom is non-white.

Meanwhile in Finland, whites make up something like 99% of the population.

Why don't you get back to us Brits or Americans when Finland passes the 10% minority mark.
Since it will take a while for that to happen through the minority birthrate, maybe Finland should throw its borders open and take in a million or so people from Africa.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
I have always felt that the USA should deport our repeat offender border-crossers to Scandinavia.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1334
mdiehl wrote:
I have always felt that the USA should deport our repeat offender border-crossers to Scandinavia.

This thread is not about you.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:40 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14927
Well, with the pending "trade war with China" :lol: :lol: and EU treating Britain like a giant cookie jar to be raided, maybe that English Language Bloc has a chance after all.

(P.S. The USA is already in a trade war with China. So far the only ones doing the warring are the Chinese. With luck, Trump will deliver).

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:19 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14177
EUBanana wrote:

Beautiful! That is the simplest explanation I've seen on why, 19 months later, it still isn't done. And I don't think it will be done 12 months from now ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 am 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Beautiful! That is the simplest explanation I've seen on why, 19 months later, it still isn't done. And I don't think it will be done 12 months from now ...

True.

The funny thing that the people who see the least the immigrants, voted for leave the most. :roll:

The loss of the Empire, the perennial English resentment for France, populists like Farage. Then the outside influence from US alt-right and Putin's Russia had a role.

BTW, in Finland it is interesting to see how Swedish based nazis and Putin supporting nasis share their effort.

May may go soon, very soon.

And what then?

Putin's Russia, Orban's Hungary, Poland, sovreign democracy - a putinist euphemism for corrupt autocracy. Who will be the High Chancellor in the post-brexit Engeland.

Not Boris though. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
jwilkerson wrote:

True.

The funny thing that the people who see the least the immigrants, voted for leave the most. :roll:

The loss of the Empire, the perennial English resentment for France, populists like Farage. Then the outside influence from US alt-right and Putin's Russia had a role.

BTW, in Finland it is interesting to see how Swedish based nazis and Putin supporting nasis share their effort.

May may go soon, very soon.

And what then?

Putin's Russia, Orban's Hungary, Poland, sovreign democracy - a putinist euphemism for corrupt autocracy. Who will be the High Chancellor in the post-brexit Engeland.

Not Boris though. :roll:

Nero, living 1800 km away from the UK, knows what the average British citizen's thoughts and experiences are with regards to immigrants better than they do themselves... ;-)

As for the "loss of empire", I saw a poll that only about 1/3 of British citizens would still like Britain to have its empire.

As for the animosity between Britain and France, foreign invaders from across the English Channel invaded England in 1066. England and France were at war for much of the following 800 years.
Given that, cone can understand the resentment that some English might feel towards the French.

Now I will categorically admit that the one week that I spent in the UK back in 2005 certainly does not make me an expert on what British citizens think or how they feel about things.

I would defer to actual Britons (like EUbanana and Mac) for that.

How about you John Buil Nero?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
Nero is still internalising how he's Guy Verhofstadts' little bitch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
Nero is still internalising how he's Guy Verhofstadts' little bitch.

Nah, I am just repeating some facts. :ugeek:

And who is that Guy Verhofstadt anyway. :?

And what is your problem ... oh, wait I know. But trust me, my lips are sealed. :lol:

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 926 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 93  Next