maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 90  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14710
Reputation points: 1862
LaPalice wrote:
nero wrote:

.../...

UK is still in EU. ;)

As long as the negociations are in progress, there is incertainty, so the British economy does not work at its best, as investors and other economic agents don't like uncertainty. The things might even go better when UK will definitly be out of the EU. I would say that as long as Great Britain is in EU, the things are not as well as they should be for the British.

May be, may be not.

The future is shadowed by fog. But what did May promise to Nissan? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11348
Reputation points: 15175
There'll be a downturn eventually, the last one was in 2009 so a while ago now.

It's nothing to do with Brexit either way. The only thing of interest regarding Brexit and economic news is that the settled opinion of the economists and polemicists on what would happen in the event of a No vote turned out to be a utter and complete bullshit from start to end.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 14710
Reputation points: 1862
EUBanana wrote:
There'll be a downturn eventually, the last one was in 2009 so a while ago now.

It's nothing to do with Brexit either way. The only thing of interest regarding Brexit and economic news is that the settled opinion of the economists and polemicists on what would happen in the event of a No vote turned out to be a utter and complete bullshit from start to end.

I have heard rumours about a remain party forming. ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
First Sergeant

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 pm
Posts: 9965
Reputation points: 17270
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Y'all should never give that up. Y'all voted Brexit hands down. Has that happened yet? Nope. Nobody in ur gobmint has any reason at all to give a fuck what you vote for do they.

so it goes.

_________________
This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 am
Posts: 3912
Location: France
Reputation points: 9407
C_S wrote:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Y'all should never give that up. Y'all voted Brexit hands down. Has that happened yet? Nope. Nobody in ur gobmint has any reason at all to give a fuck what you vote for do they.

so it goes.

That the problem with article 50, the article in the treaty of Lisbon dictating how an exit of EU must occur. And the British have the luck to control their currency. That would not be the case for a country like France, which not control the euro, and then would not control its currency during the long process of exiting the EU dictated by the article 50.

It would be necessary for France to take an immediate control of its currency if it would desire to leave EU, to control for example the exit of resources, and then, for that, would be forced to breach the treaties. Otherwise the EU would have a big weapon against France by controling the currency that France uses.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11348
Reputation points: 15175
Especially as the EU would be implacably hostile to France in such an eventuality, and would be using the transition period to try and get the French to give it up.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:12 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 29375
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05 ... ucked-air/

Quote:
‘Project Fear’: University Boss Admits to MPs Anti-Brexit Claims ‘Plucked Out of Air’


18 May 2018

A leading academic who said Brexit would dramatically reduce the British university sector’s standing in global rankings has admitted the claim was “plucked out of the air”.
The claims of Professor Michael Arthur, vice-chancellor of University College London, made for a series of anti-Brexit headlines.


He said that after leaving the European Union (EU), Britain could plummet from “second in the world to 20th” in higher education and research.

Asked about the potential impact of introducing a visa scheme for EU academics at the Commons Brexit committee, he said:

“In 20 years’ time, instead of being second in the world to the United States of America, I’m worried that we will be 20th or so… and part [of the reason] will be this insidious onset of inability to recruit the world’s greatest talent.”

Tory MP Richard Graham hit back, accusing him of “hyperbole” and insisted he back up the claim.

Professor Arthur replied: “I will confess I plucked the number 20th out of the air.
I don’t know, but I do fear we could slip down those international league tables. The honest answer is none of us know what the impact will be.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Tory MP and leading Brexiteer, criticised the “gloomy forecast” on social media.

He indicated it represented a return to so-called “project fear”, whereby anti-Brexit campaigners made unsubstantiated claims that leaving the EU would be a disaster.

Mr. Rees-Mogg added: “It is surprising that a highly esteemed professor just makes things up as he goes along when appearing in front of a House of Common select committee.

“It shows the lack of intellectual rigour of Project Fear and a disdain for democratic accountability.”

Tory MP and former cabinet minister John Whittingdale, meanwhile, insisted that students from around the globe are still “attracted by the excellence of [British] universities”.

Continuing, he said: “Shouldn’t your sector look at this as an opportunity to obtain additional revenue?”

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 11005
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 13981
Very Soviet eh?

_________________
Anthro's NSFW Thread


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am
Posts: 11348
Reputation points: 15175
Theresa May not only ragingly incompetent - common knowledge - but also pretty much a traitor.

Apparently no plans to actually leave have ever been made. And they will not be considered.

https://dominiccummings.com/2018/05/23/ ... -shambles/

Quote:
...
The government’s nominal policy, which it put in its manifesto and has repeated many times, is to leave the Single Market and Customs Union and the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

This requires preparing to be a ‘third country’ for the purposes of EU law. It requires building all the infrastructure and facilities that are normal around the world to manage trade.

This process should have started BEFORE triggering A50 but the government has irretrievably botched this.

Having botched it, it could have partially recovered its blunder by starting to do it afterwards.

No such action has been taken.

Downing Street, the Treasury, the Cabinet Office and the Cabinet have made no such preparations and there is no intention of starting.

The Cabinet has never asked for and never been given a briefing from responsible officials on these preparations. Some of them understand this and are happy (e.g Hammond). Most of them don’t understand this and/or prefer not to think about it. It will be trashed in the history books as the pre-1914 Cabinet has been for its failure to discuss what its military alliance with France actually meant until after it was too late.

The few ministers who try to make preparations are often told ‘it’s illegal’ and are blocked by their own Departments, the Cabinet Office and Treasury. The standard officials device of ‘legal advice’ is routinely deployed to whip cowed ministers and spads into line. But given officials now know the May/Hammond plan is surrender, it’s hardly surprising they are not preparing for a Potemkin policy.
...


Remainers in charge of Brexit, what a great idea.

The Tory party needs to die, so we can have an actual right wing party rather than this band of paternal autocrats.

_________________
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 29375
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
Theresa May not only ragingly incompetent - common knowledge - but also pretty much a traitor.

Apparently no plans to actually leave have ever been made. And they will not be considered.

https://dominiccummings.com/2018/05/23/ ... -shambles/

Quote:
...
The government’s nominal policy, which it put in its manifesto and has repeated many times, is to leave the Single Market and Customs Union and the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

This requires preparing to be a ‘third country’ for the purposes of EU law. It requires building all the infrastructure and facilities that are normal around the world to manage trade.

This process should have started BEFORE triggering A50 but the government has irretrievably botched this.

Having botched it, it could have partially recovered its blunder by starting to do it afterwards.

No such action has been taken.

Downing Street, the Treasury, the Cabinet Office and the Cabinet have made no such preparations and there is no intention of starting.

The Cabinet has never asked for and never been given a briefing from responsible officials on these preparations. Some of them understand this and are happy (e.g Hammond). Most of them don’t understand this and/or prefer not to think about it. It will be trashed in the history books as the pre-1914 Cabinet has been for its failure to discuss what its military alliance with France actually meant until after it was too late.

The few ministers who try to make preparations are often told ‘it’s illegal’ and are blocked by their own Departments, the Cabinet Office and Treasury. The standard officials device of ‘legal advice’ is routinely deployed to whip cowed ministers and spads into line. But given officials now know the May/Hammond plan is surrender, it’s hardly surprising they are not preparing for a Potemkin policy.
...


Remainers in charge of Brexit, what a great idea.

The Tory party needs to die, so we can have an actual right wing party rather than this band of paternal autocrats.


So then what are the alternatives if you want Brexit to be implemented?
(this is presumed for the next election)
---Can't vote Labour as they will surely never want to implement it
---continue on with the Tories (who are apparently mucking the implementation up)
---Vote UKIP into power

What would you suggest EUBanana or are there additional options?

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 90  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group