maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 Post subject: Re: EU and Brexit
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 9811
Well he's right. The interests of the European Union have always been above the interests of EU citizens. Just look at the sad tale of the Euro. Or for that matter EU expansion.

"The British have always fought, to be sure. No nation on Earth can be taken seriously in historical circles unless it has had at least one war with the British; it's like not having an American Express card."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13531
Hory crap! That was a FANTASTIC speech!

He KNEW somebody was going to interrupt him about the "mafia" reference and used the poor compliant clueless bastard as a foil to change it to "gangsters" :lol: It was all stagecraft.

He is also right about the demand that the UK not negotiate with other countries outside the EU until actual exit. Of course they need to in order to have some kind of predictable soft landing. Funny bit about the bill as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8297
jack t ripper wrote:
Hory crap! That was a FANTASTIC speech!

He KNEW somebody was going to interrupt him about the "mafia" reference and used the poor compliant clueless bastard as a foil to change it to "gangsters" :lol: It was all stagecraft.

He is also right about the demand that the UK not negotiate with other countries outside the EU until actual exit. Of course they need to in order to have some kind of predictable soft landing. Funny bit about the bill as well.

Quite possibly the best speech delivered by any politician in the past 10 years :P

Power to the peopul ya'll! :mrgreen:

The parts I find particularly striking/peculiar:

* the German dudes expression behind Farage's left shoulder, I forget his name now but I made a parody photo of him smoking wall-to-wall carpet recently.

* the look on the redheaded guys face when he made the "I'll change it to gangsters" comment in response to the chairman's protest of his use of the word "mafia"

* one of the translator ladies sitting right in front of Farage's spot seems to be appreciating the entertainment value as she translates into sign language, she just seemed to be smirking

* the periodic applause and cheering, who are these people!? There was about equal applause when Farage made some zings and when the chairman protested his use of the word "mafia" weird . . .

I always thought that unification of Europe was a natural trajectory and one which was long overdue, but it just doesn't seem to have worked out as it should have. Had the "parliament" of the EU been a truly elected body and the weight of public opinion in their constituencies really properly calibrated maybe it could've worked out better, but as it has evolved it seems to have become little more than a cultural Marxist experiment in social engineering and bureacratic overreach.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58