maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: London's real estate and finance
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:55 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 2030
doggie wrote:
I aint got to do shit. YOU are the one making ridiculous arguments.

You are the one who argues that immigration is responsible for the widening of the gap in life expectancy between 1980 and today. So, how do you know it if you do not want to do shit to show this connection?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:31 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

So, let me help since you seem to run away

Let's start again with the table I gave before:

Table # 8
Life Expectancy at Birth:

........US/Mx/Ca
2012 79 77 81

2009 78 75 81

2006 78 75 80

2003 77 75 79

2000 77 72 79

1998 76 72 78

1993 75 70 77

1990 75 68 77

1988 75 66 76

1987 75 67 76

1985 75 66 75

In 1985, the life expectancy DIFFERENCE between a Mexican and an American was 9 years (75-66).
That was 4.5 times more than the difference in the life expectancy between a Mexican and an American in 2012
79-77=2,
9 years difference in 1985 =4.5 x2 years difference in 2012

Do you know what is the implication of the above simple facts?

It means that if the percentage of the illegal Mexican immigrants in the US in 1985 was exactly 4.5 times less than the percentage of the illegal Mexican population in the US in 2012, the degradation of the national overall life expectancy as a result of the Mexican presence in 1985 would be exactly the same with the degradation of the national life expectancy as a result of the Mexican presence in 2012.

To use the above formula in an example with numbers:
A population group of illegal immigrants which is 10% of the total population in the US in 2012, and which has its origin from a country which has two years less life expectancy from birth than the Americans will degrade the overall life expectancy of the nation as much as a population group which as a percentage of the total population in the US in 1985 was 4.5 times less (or about 2.2% of the total population in 1985), and which had its origin from a country which had in 1985 9 years less life expectancy from birth (or 4.5 times bigger difference compared to the 2 years difference of the 2012 population group) than the Americans.

I am starting a new thread in the main forum for this discussion...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:31 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15235
I did not "run away". It was Friday night. I went out to a party with a bunch of Persians, a Moluccan and an Scottish guy who did hilarious impersonations of a Greek woman from his neighborhood when he was a kid.

I was going to take my laptop to argue with a crazy neo-Marxist but wife would not let me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:57 am 
Sergeant Major

Look, life expectancy data are complicated. It's not like mixing paint like you do at work. 2 drops of titanium white does not make brown turn into tan.

We are talking about trends that take decades to develop. Most Mexicans don't take one step across the border and drop dead. In fact, the healthiest of the illegals probably go BACK and the octagenarians STAY in Mexico.

It is also undeniable that Mexicans and Central Americans in the US are WAAAAY fatter than their kin back home. This is due to the enourmous amounts of free shit we give out and because of cultural differences on how overweight is viewed.

Don't doubt me on this. Most first generation Mexican-American parents WANT their kids to be fat. It is viewed as a sign of wealth. When you show them their child is at the 99% on BMI they LAUGH and call the little rugrat "cochino", which in this context means "little piggy" from an Aztec word.

Have you been to Disneyland recently? It's like a mass migration of walruses. Disney had to re-engineer the cars on the Matterhorn so they wouldn't fly off the rails with 4 water buffalo aboard.

Also, discussing obesity and type II diabetes as contributors to mortality data is not "cherry picking". They are universally seen as the top two public health concerns in the US. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

As for the Greeks.....what can I say...they smoke more but they eat a better diet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:17 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 12949
First off, 25 percent of Mexicans live in the U.S. so attributing their health problems to America is ridiculous.

Second, you are the one saying that American doctors are responsible for the problems more than fifty million immigrants bring into the country.

Third, you can't count. Immigrants are a lot more than 10 % of the population. They are a majority in California.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:01 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

This conversation is finished in this thread. Use the one in the main forum and use quotes to indicate the statements with which you do not agree because you do not make sense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

pamak wrote:
This conversation is finished in this thread. Use the one in the main forum and use quotes to indicate the statements with which you do not agree because you do not make sense.

You vill kindly svitch ovah to ze ozzer thread vere ve vill furzer discuss ze ideas of Herr Marx.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14634
So I read that it appears the British government now seems to realize there is a need for more housing in the UK:

Quote:
Britain will need to accommodate 243,000 new households each year for the next 22 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490

The article goes on to say though that almost half of those homes (109,000/yr) will be needed to house migrants and their families.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
:roll:

It's all half assed even when they do build. Planning permission is impossible to obtain unless you got money to grease local government palms. Which means big companies building estates of shit, ugly housing en masse. Lots of big estates been built near me over the last 5-6 years, all ugly shit holes. In one village it's increased in size bya factor of 4 in half a decade, with the addition of a load of utterly butt ugly buildings around an old school village centre.

They need to axe half the planning laws and just let people get on with it rather than this over regulated communist style farce. If the goal is to make housing built to a higher quality that 'fits in better', then it clearly is doing the precise opposite.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10