maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: London's real estate and finance
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2401
Tax everything unhealthy. ;)

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
nero wrote:
Tax everything unhealthy. ;)

So it goes.

Mexican and Central American immigrants?
;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16681
Adult diabetes rate in American Samoa 70+% :lol:

If we get rid of Samoa in our data everything will be fine. Just pass a law they can still play in the NFL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:05 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
jack t ripper wrote:
Obesity rates in the US

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... id=1832542

Quote:
Obesity is common, serious and costly
•More than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese. [Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
•Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelines]
•The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. [Read summary]

Obesity affects some groups more than others

[Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
•Non-Hispanic blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity (47.8%) followed by Hispanics (42.5%), non-Hispanic whites (32.6%), and non-Hispanic Asians (10.8%)
•Obesity is higher among middle age adults, 40-59 years old (39.5%) than among younger adults, age 20-39 (30.3%) or adults over 60 or above (35.4%) adults.

Obesity and socioeconomic status

[Read CDC National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) data brief[PDF-1.07MB]
•Among non-Hispanic black and Mexican-American men, those with higher incomes are more likely to have obesity than those with low income.
•Higher income women are less likely to have obesity than low-income women.
•There is no significant relationship between obesity and education among men. Among women, however, there is a trend—those with college degrees are less likely to have obesity compared with less educated women.

CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

2015 obesity rates by country

http://streets.mn/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ountry.png

Denmark 9.5% US 30.5% :lol:

Diabetes 29 MILLION Americans

An astounding 9.3% of the population

CDC National Diabetes report

http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/statsr ... rt-web.pdf

Heroine overdose deaths up 100% from 2009-2012

Suicide up, cirrhosis up, homicide up

Heart disease down, cancer down, neonatal mortality down

Do some reading you idiot.

You must be really dense! I wonder how the fuck you got a medical degree. You keep repeating a flawed argument All these statistics mean nothing when you ignore the similar statistics in 1980's when there was not a life expectancy gap. Nor you can bypass easily the issue of suicide by blaming the patient when your fucking system let mentally ill people living in the street, or when at a time when stress and anxiety go up in a more competitive world, you have an increasingly expensive mental health service which becomes gradually less and less affordable to the average American patient.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Quote:
PS. Now you have derailed another thread. This time one or your own. What started from London housing boom has morphed to a life expectancy comparison. :lol:

Indeed, but to my defense it was not my fault in this case. I actually pointed to Jack that it would be better to start a new thread in the main forum for this topic, but his response was that it was not necessary because people had lost their interest to participate in this thread anyway. That is why I did not start a new thread

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:08 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
The justice department classifies Hispanics and muslims as "white" so the black crime rate won't look so bad in comparison. Maybe the CDC does the same.

We got more than fifty million foreign born people here who are bringing back diseases which were once eradicated in the U.S. That my have some effect on statistics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16681
<fuze is lit...burns closer to detonation>

Amigo;

Obesity and diabetes rates have risen tremendously in the last 35 years. I just showed you the data.

You are the one who claims Americans are dropping like flies. They have to die of something last time I checked.

I've got news for you. It is probably going to get worse because secondary morbities from diabetes take decades to completely develop.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

and just to give you a demonstration of why it is totally unconvincing to cherry pick specific cultural disadvantages to explain the life expectancy issue, I will use some statistics from Greece.

So, yes! in 2013 life expectancy at birth in Greece was higher than in the US

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/2 ... 17367.html

(Greece is right next to Germany in the graph from OECD)

and now guess who is the world champion in smoking?

Yes, it is Greece with 39% compared to 14% in the US! So, we are by far ahead of the US. Not only that, but while smoking rate has decreased in the US, it has actually increased in Greece. And still, in 2013 the gap between Greece and the US in life expectancy is actually bigger compared to the 1970

As I said, it is totally unconvincing to pick some statistics to explain the GROWTH of the gap in life expectancy between the US and other developed countries. And for the nth time! it is totally illogical to give simple data about cultural trends and the different rates of obesity, or smoking or whatever today and ignore similar trends and lifestyle in the 80s or before!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14267
The U.S. didn't have more than fifty million third world immigrants in 1980.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:10 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

And Europe did not have in 1980 the numbers of immigrant it has today.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next