Jamaican demand reparations from the British

All things British. Kidney Pie, Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

Moderator: chijohnaok

Forum rules
Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin
EUBanana
Sergeant Major

Re: Jamaican demand reparations from the British

#11 Post by EUBanana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:21 am

Maybe we should send him a retroactive bill for the activities of the West Africa Squadron, as I guess the Blockade of Africa can't have been cheap.

:roll:

Fuckwits.
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#12 Post by jack t ripper » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:58 am

India, in particular, has no case for reparations. It is pretty clear India experienced net enrichment under colonialism.

Where would all the technical service workers in India be if not for learning English?
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#13 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 am

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#14 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:24 am

"What have the Romans ever done for us?" :lol: I think the real gag here is it's really about the British empire.

Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome