maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: STUDY: BBC 'TWICE AS LIKELY' TO AIR LIBERAL-LEANING STOR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2401
abradley wrote:
Quote:
Latest result of global warming: cooler temperatures
By MICHAEL BARONE | AUGUST 28, 2013 AT 9:15 PM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/latest-re ... le/2534853

It’s the coolest summer in a century, or at least the government is reporting the fewest number of 100 degree days at U.S. HCN (Historical Climatology Network) stations. Yet I’m sure that somewhere someone is arguing that this is a result of man-made global warming — or, er, climate change. For years, global warming alarmists have claimed that any unusual or unpleasant weather is the result of global warming, even as, inconveniently, global temperatures seem to have plateaued or fallen over the last 15 years, contrary to global warming theory.

The science is settled, alarmists like to insist. But science is never settled; scientific theories are by definition falsifiable and sometimes are falsified. Recently Interior Secretary Sally Jewell assured an audience of DOI employees that everyone there believed in global warming. This is an exhortation more appropriate for a religious service than a regulatory agency meeting. For many global warming has become a substitute for religious, with rituals (recycling), festivals (Earth Day) and even indulgences (carbon offsets for Al Gore’s private jet travel). Sally Jewell’s exhortation was just another form of worship.

Does this mean that global warming theories have been conclusively refuted? No. There’s a difference between weather (short-term) and climate (long-term). If carbon dioxide emissions were the only factor affecting climate, then global warming alarmist theories would indubitably be correct. But other factors seem to affect climate as well — like the sun, clouds, oceans and the interactions between them and other factors. Scientists don’t fully understand how these factors interact. It makes sense for policymakers and citizens to keep an eye out for possible climate change and to think about how to mitigate any negative effects. But for the moment let’s appreciate this summer’s moderate temperatures.

Perhaps, but according to NASA: Globally, June Was Second Warmest On Record

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:30 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11823
The evidence of this being a catastrophe that we should commit economic hari-kiri over is the main thing, not whether it's happening at all.

Also I think you'll find that human ingenuity will render it a moot point anyway ultimately, as we move away from fossil fuels for entirely non-idealistic reasons.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
The evidence of this being a catastrophe that we should commit economic hari-kiri over is the main thing, not whether it's happening at all.

Also I think you'll find that human ingenuity will render it a moot point anyway ultimately, as we move away from fossil fuels for entirely non-idealistic reasons.

Seems that you don't deny the fact of man made warming, we can discuss how to cope with what will come to us more sensible way.

If you watched the videos I provided, there will no immediate catastrophes ahead, but more droughts and floods. Also rising sea level can cause problems in places.

The question is: is it more economical to cut down the emission of CO2 than suffer the eventual ill-effects. Here we have the problem that those who reap the benefits of the CO2 pollution don't suffer the consequences.

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9532
nero wrote:
The question is: is it more economical to cut down the emission of CO2 than suffer the eventual ill-effects. Here we have the problem that those who reap the benefits of the CO2 pollution don't suffer the consequences.

So it goes.
Naturally your referring to 2nd and 3rd world countries like China that's building coal power plants as fast as possible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_China

And Obama is crippling US industry with high energy prices.

As for CO2 causing Global Warming,
http://drtimball.com/about/tim-ball/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:37 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
nero wrote:

So it goes.
Naturally your referring to 2nd and 3rd world countries like China that's building coal power plants as fast as possible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_China

And Obama is crippling US industry with high energy prices.

As for CO2 causing Global Warming,
http://drtimball.com/about/tim-ball/

You mean this Tim Ball

I am very skeptical about any person who has connections the Heartland Institute

Here we go, again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 am 
buck private

nero wrote:
You mean this Tim Ball
Yes, that's the guy. Is any of his data suspect.
nero wrote:
I am very skeptical about any person who has connections the Heartland Institute

Here we go, again.
You should be skeptical of of all people, who knows there may be a ClimateGate 3.

PS
What do you mean by "Here we go, again."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:45 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
You should be skeptical of of all people, who knows there may be a ClimateGate 3.

Perhaps you can substantiate this ClimateGate 3 a little further. BTW the ClimateGate 2 is also a mystery to me. All I know is that ClimateGate 1 was a big hoax.

abradley wrote:
PS

Here we go again. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:13 am 
buck private

abradley wrote:

nero wrote:
Perhaps you can substantiate this ClimateGate 3 a little further. BTW the ClimateGate 2 is also a mystery to me. All I know is that ClimateGate 1 was a big hoax.
:lol: Climategate 3 follows:
Quote:
Climategate: FOIA – The Man Who Saved The World

By James Delingpole Environment Last updated: March 13th, 2013
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... the-world/
:D
abradley wrote:
PS

nero wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought it might be about your "Breivik got his inspiration from the gates of vienna. And now you find one idiot who promotes raSSenrein Poland. Sick. :twisted:" and when I asked for specifics you disappeared. :o :shock: :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 am 
Sergeant Major

abradley wrote:
abradley wrote:

nero wrote:
:lol: Climategate 3 follows:
Quote:
Climategate: FOIA – The Man Who Saved The World

By James Delingpole Environment Last updated: March 13th, 2013
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... the-world/
:D
abradley wrote:
PS

nero wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought it might be about your "Breivik got his inspiration from the gates of vienna. And now you find one idiot who promotes raSSenrein Poland. Sick. :twisted:" and when I asked for specifics you disappeared. :o :shock: :cry:

Here we go again.

You keep believing things that does not exist (god), and now this hack James Delingpole, a miserable pen-pusher without any scientific credentials.

PS. If you don't know what raSSenrein means, just use the fucking google.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:13 pm 
buck private

What can I say to your non specific reply other than, :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next